Monday 2 January 2017

Makeup and Beauty Blog Monday Poll, Vol. 456

Saw these at DSW the other day on sale for $12 after my $5 coupon! I didn’t get them at the time, but now I’m wondering if I should go back and adopt them…

So…what is the Monday Poll?

Well, it isn’t exactly a poll. It’s more of a constantly evolving (devolving?), somewhat random list of questions I’ve been putting out to readers every Monday morning for the past NINE (!) years. (It’s like a kickstart for your brain.) I’ve always enjoyed reading your answers in the comments, and I hope you enjoy reading mine. 🙂

1. What did you do for your makeup on the first day of the year?

Instagram brows.

Just kidding. 🙂

I went to early brunch in the city yesterday, so I didn’t go all out. I did sort of a modified version of my usual, with primer, an Hourglass Vanish Seamless Finish Foundation Stick (which is so bomb), and I set it all with Clinique Uplighting Illuminating Powder, which has a bit of shimmer, and you can use it as a highlighter all over your face.

Then, I did an entirely too complicated cheek routine. I applied Kjær Weis Cream Blush, then a little Make Up For Ever Pro Light Fusion Highlighter and a touch of MAC Gingerly Sheertone Blush on top of that.

For my eyes I used the Chanel Tissé Poésie Quad, because there’s a golden taupe in there that I love.

Then I tightlined with Chanel 88 Noir Intense, added a layer of NARS Audacious Mascara on my upper lashes (I didn’t bother with the lower lashes because I was in a hurry), and used MAC Brun Eye Shadow on my brows.

I went with NARS Audacious Lipstick in Apoline for my lips, and then I finished with a little bit of NARS Soft Matte Complete Concealer in Macadamia underneath my eyes.

Hmm… It looks like a big deal now that I’ve typed everything down, but it didn’t take long to do. I think it took about 15 minutes.

2. What’s one of your goals this year?

I really want to make myself more accountable for finishing projects. I start a lot of them that I don’t finish, so I’m gonna attack it old school.

My goal for the next eight weeks is to eat healthy, but if I bite off more than I can chew and set a goal for like six months, I think it’ll be overwhelming.

But I think I can handle eight weeks. To track my progress, I’m going to print out a monthly calendar and put a little star sticker on each day that I eat healthy, and for every ‘x’ amount of stars, I’m going to reward myself with something, because let’s get real… For self-motivating myself, bribery works.

3. What two eyeshadow brushes do you use the most?

I use a fluffy domed brush like the MAC 217 and a tapered blending brush like the MAC 224.

They aren’t necessarily always those two specific brushes, but I like those shapes.

I like dense domed brushes for precisely putting color exactly where I want it on my limited lid space, and also for feathering out the edges.

Both of those brushes are my go-tos.

4. Your current favorite YouTube channel?

This is probably because I’ve been thinking about eating healthy, but I’ve been watching a lot of a channel called Fit Men Cook.

It’s this guy in Texas named Kevin, and he does lots of easy, healthy meals using ingredients that are easy to find.

Plus, his recipes are usually also things that El Hub likes.

5. What are your top two Make Up For Ever products?

Now that I think about it…I use a lot of MUFE products, but my top two are the Step 1 Skin Equalizer Primer (the one in the dark grey tube). I use that almost every day. And I also use their Mist & Fix Setting Spray almost on the daily.

Coffee makers?

Can you recommend a good one? — because the one I have is driving me bananas. Every morning it makes me swear under my breath (or, not under my breath), but it was a gift, and I feel kind of guilty about not liking it…but I can’t take it anymore.

It’s a five-cup Black & Decker. First, it doesn’t shut off automatically when I remove the pot while it’s brewing, so if I forget and just grab it, coffee pours onto the machine and the counter. With this one, you’re supposed to wait until it finishes brewing, but I didn’t have to wait with my old one. It would just stop when I pulled out the pot.

And it doesn’t matter how careful I am, there’s something about that pot… It literally dumps coffee.

Anywho…

Today is sort of a holiday last hurrah around here, and I’m kind of melancholy about it. It feels like we’ve been in holiday mode for the past two months since Halloween, doesn’t it? I’m a little sad to see the holiday send, but I’m also ready for a new beginning.

How are you doing today? I hope your 2017 gets off to a fantastic, fabulous, epic start.

Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,

Karen

P.S. Here are the questions to copy and paste…

1. What did you do for your makeup on the first day of the year?
2. What’s one of your goals this year?
3. What two eyeshadow brushes do you use the most?
4. Your current favorite YouTube channel?
5. What are your top two Make Up For Ever products?


The post, “Makeup and Beauty Blog Monday Poll, Vol. 456,” first appeared on Makeup and Beauty Blog | Makeup Reviews, Swatches and How-To Makeup.

from Makeup and Beauty Blog | Makeup Reviews, Swatches and How-To Makeup http://www.makeupandbeautyblog.com/just-for-fun/makeup-beauty-blog-monday-poll-vol-456/
Alt Source: Startifacts Nose Hair Trimmer

from
http://startifacts.tumblr.com/post/155305995164

No comments:

Post a Comment