Thursday 5 January 2017

Does What You Eat Have a Noticeable Effect on Your Skin?

green juice k final

Green juice time!

Well, yeah, if I eat five pounds of fried chicken, my skin will definitely not look the same as it does when I eat lots of vegetables and fruit and food that isn’t oily.

There’s a HUGE difference, and I notice it right away. The biggest difference for me is when I get enough veggies and fruit — basically, enough fiber and food that isn’t processed or fried.

The healthier I eat (and the more water I drink throughout the day), the better my body feels, and the better my skin looks. It’s dewier, and my fine lines aren’t as…fine-liney. My skin also looks smoother.

One thing I’ve been doing a lot lately is drinking green juices, which are mostly veggies and water, so they aren’t as high in sugar as pure fruit juices. I’m about to make one now. 🙂

I just blend a whole bunch of veggies, some fruit and water (pretty much, whatever I have around, but usually a combination of spinach, kale, cucumber, pineapple and pear, with a squeeze a lemon to cut down the grassy taste), and when I have one of those consistently and don’t eat as many cookies or as much popcorn and junk food, my skin glows.

I also notice that when I eat a lot of salty foods like chips and French fries, my body feels gross, and my face will look bloated.

I don’t really have any food allergies that I know of, except for occasionally in the fall when my regular allergies are out of control. Sometimes in the fall I’ll get hives when I eat dishes with fresh herbs in them, but it’s hit or miss, and I’ve never pegged it to the specific herbs, so I have no idea which ones are responsible.

I did go to an allergist once, but it wasn’t to test for food allergies. It was for sinus allergies, and they did a skin test, which basically determined that I was allergic to everything — all of nature. LOL!

How about you? Do you notice a difference in your skin when you eat certain foods? And does a certain kind of diet make your skin better or worse?

Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,

Karen


The post, “Does What You Eat Have a Noticeable Effect on Your Skin?,” first appeared on Makeup and Beauty Blog | Makeup Reviews, Swatches and How-To Makeup.

from Makeup and Beauty Blog | Makeup Reviews, Swatches and How-To Makeup http://www.makeupandbeautyblog.com/just-for-fun/eat-noticeable-effect-skin/
Alt Source: Startifacts Nose Hair Trimmer

from
http://startifacts.tumblr.com/post/155444858504

No comments:

Post a Comment