Thursday 5 January 2017

The $3.99 Maybelline Spring 2017 Expert Wear Eyeshadows

maybelline spring 2017 eyeshadows

Eight of 20 new Maybelline Expert Wear Eyeshadows ($3.99 each) coming soon

I’ve been having a moment with Maybelline lately. I really, really like their new Dream Cushion Foundation, their Inti-Matte Lipsticks, the 24K Nudes Eyeshadow Palette, and I just had a long conversation with a friend last week (Hi, Shakun!) who loves their Matte and Poreless Foundation, which is apparently the ish, so I’m dying to try it.

With all of that said, I started testing the new Maybelline Expert Wear Eyeshadows, which come out this month (Jan. 2017), assuming they’d be great.

Buuut…

maybelline spring 2017 expertwear eyeshadow

Maybelline Spring 2017 Expert Wear Eyeshadows from the top in Linen, Cool Cocoa, Khaki Camo, Gold School, Night Sky, Made for Mocha, NY Silver and Fierce Fuschia

They aren’t my favorites. 🙁

I love the range of colors and finishes (there are 20 of them) and the fact that they’re only $3.99 each, but I just haven’t been able to get them to work for me. I’ve used eight of the 20, and every one has been consistently sheer, rough and chalky. They go on patchy, and I have a heck of a time blending them.

I dunno! I mean, I know that my blending skills have deteriorated over the past month (the holidays…), but I don’t think they’ve gotten that bad. After five solid minutes of blending the khaki color with my blending brush on my lids, I still couldn’t diffuse the edges.

Sadly, these are a miss for me. I think I’ll stick to the 24K Nudes Eyeshadow Palette instead.

Kale: IT’S EVERYWHERE.

I sent El Hub to the grocery store the other night to get some spinach for a dish I was making, and I got a text from him while he was at the store: “There’s kale everywhere but I can’t find any spinach.”

Kale: IT’S EVERYWHERE.

At the Safeway by my house, they only have a small area for spinach, but like 12 different sections of kale.

Kale has been everywhere lately, and I have mixed feelings about it. I know that it’s super good for you, but I can only eat it if it’s steamed or completely obliterated in a smoothie.

There’s just something about raw kale that makes me feel like I’m eating an old shoe…but I’m trying to eat more of it because of how good it is for you, so I’m always trying new kale recipes.

This winter kale and quinoa salad from eatyourselfskinny.com is pretty tasty.

When kale is yo’ friend

It’s a sweet salad with quinoa, dried cranberries, pomegranate seeds, walnuts (which you can candy) and a vinaigrette. It comes together really quickly, too.

The recipe calls for raw kale, but I steam mine.

This recipe, BTW, makes a lot of salad, so if you’re planning to eat it by yourself, just know that you’ll be eating kale FOR DAYS. I made it on a Saturday afternoon and was still eating it with dinner on Tuesday.

How do you feel about kale? If you have any good kale recipes, hook a girl up! 🙂

Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,

Karen


The post, “The $3.99 Maybelline Spring 2017 Expert Wear Eyeshadows,” first appeared on Makeup and Beauty Blog | Makeup Reviews, Swatches and How-To Makeup.

from Makeup and Beauty Blog | Makeup Reviews, Swatches and How-To Makeup http://www.makeupandbeautyblog.com/product-reviews/maybelline-spring-2017-expert-wear-eyeshadow-review/
Alt Source: Startifacts Nose Hair Trimmer

from
http://startifacts.tumblr.com/post/155426466314

No comments:

Post a Comment