Monday 27 June 2016

Conquering My Fear of the Buxom Full-On Lip Creams

buxom full on lip cream

Well…they sure do look good, right?

Full Disclosure: I’ve been afraid to try the Buxom Full-On Lip Cream for ages.

I heard them described as “plumping” and “tingling” and was like, “Oooh, girl. No.” Like, I was seriously nervous about trying these glosses! But because I take my job as a beauty blogger very seriously, I finally took the plunge.

There are 15 shades in all, $20 each (available now at Ulta), and I have five of them here — Peach Daiquiri, Pink Champagne, Grape Groove, Sangria and Berry Bramble.

First up is Peach Daiquiri, which is very sheer with just a hint of a peachy undertone. On my bare lips, it’s not particularly groundbreaking, BUT I do think it would look nice over a nude lipstick to give it a little life.

buxom full on lip cream

Wearing Buxom Full-On Lip Cream in Peach Daiquiri

Pink Champagne is another very light gloss that would probably work better over a lipstick than on its own, at least for me. 

Both Peach Daiquiri and Pink Champagne are kind of high maintenance, though, in that lines form and the color clumps a little when I press my lips together.

buxom full on lip cream

Wearing Buxom Full-On Lip Cream in Pink Champagne

So I think the light shades are honestly kind of underwhelming, but the darker shades are great, like Grape Groove, which has a light purple tint that adds just enough color to the face without being too bold.

buxom full on lip cream

Wearing Buxom Full-On Lip Cream in Grape Groove

And then there’s Sangria. I think it’s a really pretty red gloss, and if a straight-up matte red lipstick is too much for you, go for a gloss! And this one’s so summery.

buxom full on lip cream

Wearing Buxom Full-On Lip Cream in Sangria

Lastly, there’s Berry Bramble, which is probably the one I’ll reach for the most out of the shades here. It’s more pigmented than Grape Groove but a bit lower key than Sangria.

It’s just such a flattering gloss, and I think it’s a great example of the Buxom Full-On Lip Creams at their best. The color applies smoothly and lasts pretty well for a gloss.

buxom full on lip cream

Wearing Buxom Full-On Lip Cream in Berry Bramble

After trying these out, I fully admit that my fears were a little bit…overblown. There is a small tingly feeling when I wear them, but it fades after a couple minutes. There’s also a cotton candy smell that I LOVE, but it’s not too overpowering. 

I will say that these are a tad sticky, although that seems to also help them last a bit longer than some glosses do on my lips.

I think these glosses are right in the middle of the lipgloss spectrum. They aren’t totally sheer, but they aren’t fully opaque (like the Tarteist Glossy Lip Paints or Anastasia Beverly Hills Lipglosses) either.

buxom full on lip cream

Trying the Buxom Full-On Lip Creams!

In case you’re curious, here’s the info on the rest of my makeup:

NARS Velvet Matte Skin Tint in Malaga (reviewed in this post) // Tom Ford Cream Eyeshadow in Sphinx // MAC Extra Dimension Eyeshadow in Rich Core // Becca x Jaclyn Hill Champagne Collection Face Palette (sold out online) // Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz in Dark Brown // Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara.

Have you tried these Buxom glosses? Which shades are your favorites?


Adia Goss


Adia is a lawyer by day and a beauty blogger by night. She believes that makeup should be fun and simple, but she also likes multi-step skincare routines (she’s complicated!). Adia loves the sight of a brand new highlighter, and she’s constantly looking for the perfect concealer. Follow her beauty adventures at Adia Adores (formerly beautyluxelife) and on Instagram.

The post, “Conquering My Fear of the Buxom Full-On Lip Creams,” first appeared on Makeup and Beauty Blog | Makeup Reviews, Swatches and How-To Makeup.

from Makeup and Beauty Blog | Makeup Reviews, Swatches and How-To Makeup http://www.makeupandbeautyblog.com/cosmetics/buxom-full-lip-cream-review/
Alt Source: Startifacts Nose Hair Trimmer

from
http://startifacts.tumblr.com/post/146569525094

No comments:

Post a Comment