Thursday 23 June 2016

Sometimes Your Survival Depends on a Pretty Pink, and for Those Times There’s the NARS Survival Kit 1

nars survival kit 1

The new $59 NARS Survival Kit 1 (coming exclusively to Nordstrom and the Nordstrom website July 1)

“I need makeup to survive!” she exhaled, placing the back of her left hand against her forehead melodramatically and tipping her head.

OK…so maybe eyeshadow, blush, gloss and mascara aren’t as important to your day-to-day survival as, you know, food and water, but they’re handy to have around! — especially when they come in chic limited edition packaging like they do in the new NARS Survival Kit 1.

nars survival kit 1 k 1

Wearing NARS Naiad, Kalahari II and Audacious Mascara on my eyes, Off Limits and Mata Hari on my cheeks and Party Girl on my lips

The new limited edition set will cost $59 when it arrives in the Promised Land, also known as Nordstrom stores and the Nordstrom website, July 1st with a compact containing two powder eyeshadows and two powder blushes, a mini lipgloss and a mini mascara.

NARS Survival Kit 1

  • Naiade Eyeshadow
  • Audacious Mascara
  • Kalahari II Eyeshadow
  • Off Limits Blush
  • Mata Hari Blush
  • Party Girl Lip Gloss

I’d like to make a shout-out to Kalahari II, one of the eyeshadows in this kit. It’s a glistening taupe-plum, and I think it’s one of those “Ya gotta have it!” pieces from NARS. I’ve been wearing it for years (it’s also in the permanent collection). It lasts all day long and looks amaze-balls with bronze eyeshadow and/or liner.

nars survival kit 1 swatches

NARS Survival Kit 1 swatches

Kalahari II is almost enough all by itself to make me love kit, but as if it weren’t enough, the kit also comes with another NARS classic, matte cool pink Mata Hari Blush.

You know those blushes that make you look and feel more alive and, like, 10 years younger? Mata Hari is one of those blushes for me. When I brush a small amount on the apples of my cheeks (it’s very pigmented), I look like I just finished a stair workout and kicked total butt while doing it.

nars survival kit 1 k 2

Wearing the NARS Survival Kit 1

By the way, in the pic below, Party Girl Lip Gloss (a cool-toned pink) looks like a warm rose because I was wearing a neutral lip pencil called Hourglass Canvas underneath it. I had some bright pink spots in the center area of my lips from wearing NARS Schiap the other day, and I wanted to cancel that out before applying Party Girl. But when worn on its own, Party Girl is a very sheer cool pink and looks closer to how it looks in the swatch.

nars survival kit 1 packaging

The NARS Survival Kit 1 packaging

nars survival kit 1 box

The NARS Survival Kit 1 box

Add Hateship, Loveship to your Netflix queue

Honestly, I don’t even know why I keep Netflix around anymore. Sometimes it seems like a bottomless pit of awfulness. I have a hard time finding good things to watch on there that I haven’t already seen, but occasionally I stumble upon something like the movie I watched last night, Hateship, Loveship, starring Kristen Wiig.

It’s about a socially awkward and emotionally stunted caretaker who falls in love with a man who needs some help getting his life together.

It’s one of those quiet love stories…so good luck to you if your partner only wants to watch movies with dragons and car chases, LOL!

I really enjoyed it. I thought it was sweet and poignant and well-made with clear character arcs, so not like a lot of independent movies that…don’t really seem to go anywhere, ya know?

There’s also this song by Tammy Wynette that plays during the end credits called ‘Til I get It right. It’s so pretty… I listened to it all morning.

Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,

Karen


The post, “Sometimes Your Survival Depends on a Pretty Pink, and for Those Times There’s the NARS Survival Kit 1,” first appeared on Makeup and Beauty Blog | Makeup Reviews, Swatches and How-To Makeup.

from Makeup and Beauty Blog | Makeup Reviews, Swatches and How-To Makeup http://www.makeupandbeautyblog.com/product-reviews/nars-survival-kit-1-review/
Alt Source: Startifacts Nose Hair Trimmer

from
http://startifacts.tumblr.com/post/146387604154

No comments:

Post a Comment