Monday 27 June 2016

Mist Me, Please, With the TOCCA Hair Fragrance Collection

tocca hair fragrance

I can imagine seeing these bottles laid out on a vanity in Sophia Coppola’s Marie Antoinette, all nestled amongst the feathers and powders and potions and other opulent things…

Every time I spray one of these TOCCA Capelli Profumatis fragrances, also known as the scents in the TOCCA Hair Fragrance Collection, which is available now exclusively at Anthropologie, into my hair, I can’t stop sniffing my strands!

I’m an unapologetic TOCCA super fan, and these hair mists are just as lovely and fresh as the other fragrances I love in the line.

You mist them on your hair for scent, obvs, but they’re also supposed to moisturize and add a subtle shine, too, which comes courtesy of coconut oil.

tocca hair fragrance

There are five $36 scents in the collection, all of which are inspired by fragrances in the TOCCA line, but they aren’t exact replicas, as TOCCA pulls on some of the notes to bring them to the forefront.

I think these versions smell a little lighter and a little fresher than the original TOCCA fragrances on which they’re based.

I can’t get enough of three of the five. Those are Liliana, which has notes of peach muguet; Collette (which is my FAVORITE, favorite, ahh!), which has notes of vanillla and sandalwood; and Stella, which has notes of Italian blood orange (which is different, ya know, than California blood orange…).

There’s also Cleopatra (grapefruit and cucumber) and Florence (bergamot and gardenia), but I haven’t smelled those two yet. I’m hoping and guessing they’re also lovely.

Official fragrance notes

  • Florence: an alluring combination of bergamot, crushed violet petals and blond wood (floral)
  • Cleopatra: rich amber patchouli blends royally with vanilla musk and hints of tuberose and grapefruit (spice)
  • Colette: a lush mix of bergamot, citrus, juniper and pink peppercorn mingle with florals, musk and woods (fresh)
  • Liliana: neroli, gardenia and faint peach (fresh)
  • Stella: a flirtatious combination of sheer musk, white freesia, blood orange and spicy lily (fresh)

— anthropologie.com

I bet these would make great gifts for a girlfriend’s birthday or… Oh, I gotta remember this! — for Mother’s Day next year. Or maybe this Christmas, but I’m not always sure about giving perfumes as a present because they’re so personal, and because an entire bottle of perfume seems like such a huge commitment on the receiver’s end, ya know?

But a hair scent, I dunno… For some reason, that seems more like an accessory. Plus, TOCCA’s scents have been pretty universally pleasing, in my experience. I’ve never run into a girl who doesn’t like TOCCA.

tocca hair fragrance

Wait a second. I need a mist of Stella in my hair…

AHH! Too good. Now I’ll be able to grab a chunk of my ponytail and smell it throughout the day because these scents linger, but they aren’t overpowering, not like I’m sitting at my computer and just smelling gobs of scent in my hair.

One last thought: if you’re on the prowl (dating) right now, I think these would be perfect for date night.

Picture your date leaning in and getting a whiff before that first kiss… ‘Tis the stuff of romance novels right there! 🙂

Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,

Karen


The post, “Mist Me, Please, With the TOCCA Hair Fragrance Collection,” first appeared on Makeup and Beauty Blog | Makeup Reviews, Swatches and How-To Makeup.

from Makeup and Beauty Blog | Makeup Reviews, Swatches and How-To Makeup http://www.makeupandbeautyblog.com/product-reviews/tocca-capelli-profumati-hair-fragrance-collection/
Alt Source: Startifacts Nose Hair Trimmer

from
http://startifacts.tumblr.com/post/146582195014

No comments:

Post a Comment