Wednesday 22 June 2016

Makeup and Beauty Products That Are Completely Worth the Splurge!

makeup worth the splurge

Save money or buy makeup??

Save money, or buy aaallll the makeup? That is a question I ask myself probably way too often.

When you follow as many beauty blogs and watch as many YouTube videos as I do, it’s hard to not have a giant makeup wishlist! In fact, I have a giant memo on my phone right now of things that I want.

It’s a problem.

A lot of the time, the things I want are on the pricier end, and it’s hard to know whether it’s worth the money or not.

I dug through my collection to look at some of my more high end items to see which ones are worth their high price tag, and I definitely found a few!

makeup worth splurging

My roundup of splurge-worthy items!

1. Clarisonic Mia ($99)

I will always splurge on my skin, because when your skin is well taken care of, your makeup always looks better, and you also feel better with less makeup on!

My all-time favorite skin care purchase of all time has to be my Clarisonic Mia ($99).

Ya, it’s hard to fork out the money, but I’ve had mine for years and years, and it’s still going strong! After I wash my face using my Clarisonic, it feels sooo clean and soft. Nothing else makes my skin feel as good as this does. Totally worth the money.

All foundations are different, but some just work so much better than others. The drugstore does have a couple of awesome foundations that I love, but for the most part, higher end foundations just seem to work better.

2. Chanel Vitalumière Aqua Ultra-Light Skin Perfecting Sunscreen Makeup Broad Spectrum SPF 15 ($48)

When I got married a few years ago, I wanted to find the perfect foundation for my wedding day, and I found Chanel Vitalumière Aqua ($48).

It’s the most gorgeous foundation I have ever owned. When you blend it into the skin, it actually just looks like you’ve got beautiful skin. It doesn’t look like makeup; it’s crazy.

I don’t have this one in my collection at home too often just because of the price tag, but when I do, I fall in love with it all over again.

Chanel Vita Lumiere Aqua Foundation

Chanel Vitalumière Aqua Foundation ($48)

3. NARS Sheer Glow Foundation ($45)

My second favorite splurge-worthy foundation is NARS Sheer Glow ($45).

Don’t let the name fool you, though. It’s not sheer, and it’s not that glowy. It’s a medium-to-full coverage formula with more of a satin than a glowing finish, but it’s amazing.

When I’m having some issues with my skin (hello, pregnancy acne), or I just want an extra flawless face that day, I go for the Sheer Glow.

NARS Sheer Glow Foundation

NARS Sheer Glow Foundation ($45)

4. Urban Decay Naked Skin Weightless Complete Coverage Concealer ($28)

A couple of months ago, I found my holy grail, all-time favorite concealer, and thank goodness it happened when it did because I was so sick of trying concealer after concealer looking for something, anything, to hide the darkness under my eyes.

My makeup prayers were answered when I gave Urban Decay Naked Skin Weightless Complete Coverage Concealer ($28) a try.

Let me explain… It has a super thin texture, but it also has the most amazing coverage, and once you blend it into the skin, you don’t even know that it’s there! It’s pretty trippy.

When you set it with a powder, there is absolutely no creasing or moving around. I use a lighter shade under my eyes, and also a shade that matches my skin tone to cover any spots, and it works amazingly for both.

I don’t think I’ll ever stop buying it!

Urban Decay Naked Skin Concealer

Urban Decay Naked Skin Weightless Complete Coverage Concealer ($28)

5. Urban Decay All Nighter Makeup Setting Spray ($30)

There are so many makeup setting sprays out there. I can’t even count how many. But the only one that has ever made a difference in the longevity of my makeup is the Urban Decay All Nighter Makeup Setting Spray ($30).

Not only does it make your makeup last all day, but it immediately makes a difference in the way your makeup looks. When you spray it on, it sets down any powdery residue sitting on top of your skin and just makes everything look a lot more natural.

I never do a bride’s makeup without setting her face with this because I can leave and feel confident that nothing is going to smudge or move around, and she’ll look perfect throughout the night.

Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray

Urban Decay All Nighter Makeup Setting Spray ($30)

What are your favorite products that hurt your wallet a little bit, but you still can’t help but buy them over and over again?


Jen Clark


Hi, beautiful! I’m Jen from Jen Leigh Beauty. Now, rather than just talking to myself about makeup, I write it down in a blog. Besides being madly in love with anything I can smear on my face (and sharing pics on Instagram), I’m more in love with my hunky husband, my sweet 2-year-old, and my fluffy fur baby. Thank goodness they put up with the madness, because I love chatting about my favorite things with people who understand the addiction.

The post, “Makeup and Beauty Products That Are Completely Worth the Splurge!,” first appeared on Makeup and Beauty Blog | Makeup Reviews, Swatches and How-To Makeup.

from Makeup and Beauty Blog | Makeup Reviews, Swatches and How-To Makeup http://www.makeupandbeautyblog.com/cosmetics/makeup-beauty-products-completely-worth-splurge/
Alt Source: Startifacts Nose Hair Trimmer

from
http://startifacts.tumblr.com/post/146322888609

No comments:

Post a Comment