Tuesday 5 July 2016

5 Fab Products for Curly, Kinky Hair

haircare

My haircare must-haves

When it comes to haircare, I have NO LOYALTY.  I will switch things up in a minute because I usually don’t feel like there’s anything that’s all that unique.  But, despite my persistent product junkie-ism, I find myself always coming back to these five products.

1. Oribe Shampoo For Moisture and Control ($45)

Ok…so this is really expensive ($45!). It’s probably the most expensive hair product I’ve ever used. I tend to go for cheaper hair shampoos and conditioners because of how thick my hair is, and because I go through products super quickly.

Despite wanting to hate this product and my hope that I’d never want to re-purchase it, I have to admit that it’s the ONLY shampoo I’ve ever tried that actually feels moisturizing.

Ironically, as a rule, I mostly only buy “moisturizing” shampoos, but they all leave my hair feeling the same as it ever was. But this shampoo, my goodness, is incredibly moisturizing. It also lathers up into nice, big, refreshing suds. If you’re looking for a haircare splurge, this is it. By the way, the conditioner is great too.

2. Giovanni Direct Leave-In Weightless Moisture Conditioner ($9)

I’ve tried so many different leave-in conditioners, but I’ve NEVER found one quite like this one. The formula has the perfect consistency (not too thick or thin), it’s an affordable $9, and it just works. I am 100% committed (I actually buy it in bulk on Amazon).

I slather it on my hair when it’s soaking wet in the shower, then comb it through with a wide-tooth comb. It coats and provides lasting moisture, but it doesn’t leave behind a thick residue. Whether I’m going to slick my hair into a bun or add some gel for a wash & go, this is always the first thing on my hair after I wash it.

3. Organic Root Stimulator Olive Oil Wrap Set Mousse ($6.89)

This little miracle product is the secret to all of my twist-out styles! Here are some pics of the hair styles I do with it:

kat von d shade and light palette

Thanks to ORS Olive Oil Mousse! (Details on this look in this post)

haircare

Another look achieved with the help of ORS Olive Oil Mousse (Details on this all-pink makeup look in this post)

Basically, whenever I have smooth, tight curls, I most likely used ORS Olive Oil Mousse on damp hair to achieve it. I’ll usually do flat twists (I think this is a great tutorial) with perm rods on the ends.

4. Camille Rose Naturals Curl Maker Gel ($21.18)

I love this Curl Maker Gel because it defines my curls without any hardness or crunchiness. My hair just feels incredibly soft when I use it and actually lasts two or three days before I have to start all over again.

And here are some pics of wash & go styles I’ve done with it:

haircare

Wash & go with Camille Rose Naturals Curl Maker Gel! (Details on this NARS Summer Collection look in this post)

becca luminous blush

Another one using Camille Rose Gel (Details on my makeup (and the blushes!) in this post here)

5. Miss Jessie’s Baby Buttercreme ($32)

Miss Jessie’s was one of the first lines I discovered for styling my natural hair, and I’ve been using Baby Buttercreme since college. Even though there are dozens of similar lines around now, this one has a special place in my heart.  

The Baby Buttercreme is pretty pricey ($32), but the 8-oz. jar lasts me months because I probably only use one or two tablespoons to style my whole head.  Also, Target has BOGO sales on it fairly often, which is when I usually try to stock up.  

This is what I use on dry hair for my looser, wavy styles like this:

pur strobe highlight palette

Using Miss Jessie’s Baby Buttercreme on dry hair for these loose waves (Info on this glowy makeup look in this post)

miss jesses

Another look at Miss Jessie’s Baby Buttercream in action (Here’s a closer look at this winged liner makeup look in this post)

Although I really, REALLY love these five hair products, I’m always looking to try something new, so if you’ve discovered anything amazing, do tell!


Adia Goss


Adia is a lawyer by day and a beauty blogger by night. She believes that makeup should be fun and simple, but she also likes multi-step skincare routines (she’s complicated!). Adia loves the sight of a brand new highlighter, and she’s constantly looking for the perfect concealer. Follow her beauty adventures at Adia Adores (formerly beautyluxelife) and on Instagram.

The post, “5 Fab Products for Curly, Kinky Hair,” first appeared on Makeup and Beauty Blog | Makeup Reviews, Swatches and How-To Makeup.

from Makeup and Beauty Blog | Makeup Reviews, Swatches and How-To Makeup http://www.makeupandbeautyblog.com/hair/best-products-curly-kinky-hair/
Alt Source: Startifacts Nose Hair Trimmer

from
http://startifacts.tumblr.com/post/146972046934

No comments:

Post a Comment