Thursday 28 July 2016

The Tarte Naughty Nudes Blushes Are Taking Me Back to the ’90s

tarte naughty nudes amazonian clay

Badly behaved blushes, FTW!

Let’s get into some mischief with the new Fall 2016 Tarte Naughty Nudes blushes, shall we? Because, c’mon, if they’d been named the “Well-Behaved Nudes,” it would have sounded like a snooze-fest. Plus, what’s the point of being nude if you can’t also be naughty, hello?!

I swear on my plaid pleated mini skirt, my favorite flannel, my Timbs *and* my hoop earring with the key dangling from it that these four new fall shades of Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush ($28) are channeling so much ’90s realness!

Throughout much of that decade, I wore matte blushes in similar colors to these subtle shades of peach and pink.

tarte naughty nudes amazonian clay

The $28 Tarte Fall 2016 Naughty Nudes Amazonian Clay Blushes (the four shades on the far left), and a new $28 Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Highlighter (far right)

Nude pink Exposed, golden nude Sensual, rosy nude Seduce and peachy nude Risque remind me of the color of bare lips when they don’t have any product on them…except captured and placed in a pan.

I like wearing them with a sheer tinted moisturizer for a no-makeup makeup look, and my favorite one is Seduce because it matches the color of my bare lips.

For some reason, matching bare lips with a nude blush really seems to work…

Anywho, I like that it’s sheer and takes zero effort to blend. I also like that the Amazonian clay formula hangs in there for about 10 hours on my combo skin.

tarte naughty nude blush swatches

Tarte Naughty Nudes from the left in Seduce, Risque, Sensual and Exposed

tarte exposed highlight swatch

Tarte Exposed Highlight

Oh, and because we’re living in a world currently obsessed with highlighting and contouring, there’s also a fall 2016 highlighter up in the mix. Tarte Amazonian Clay Highlighter in Exposed Highlight is a fabulously soft, beautiful beige with a hint of pink.

The finish is a frosty high-shine shimmer…which isn’t very ’90s (unless you’re wearing it on your lips as a lipstick with a dark plum pencil liner, oy!), but it’s lovely. I’ll take it.

Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,

Karen


The post, “The Tarte Naughty Nudes Blushes Are Taking Me Back to the ’90s,” first appeared on Makeup and Beauty Blog | Makeup Reviews, Swatches and How-To Makeup.

from Makeup and Beauty Blog | Makeup Reviews, Swatches and How-To Makeup http://www.makeupandbeautyblog.com/product-reviews/tarte-naughty-nudes/
Alt Source: Startifacts Nose Hair Trimmer

from
http://startifacts.tumblr.com/post/148128014994

No comments:

Post a Comment