Tuesday 12 July 2016

Lombard Street, Painted Ladies and Adventures in San Francisco

lombard flowers

El Hub and I played hooky to spend the day in San Francisco and celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary (10!) last Thursday.

We didn’t go having any plans. We just kind of wanted to wing it and hang out with each other doing something fun, since we haven’t done much of that over the past few months since Connor arrived.

So, um…yeah, we went exploring. 🙂

lombard street

San Francisco’s steep and winding Lombard Street

I wanted to do things that I’d never done in the city before, and I’d never seen the crooked part of Lombard Street with all of the switchbacks and hydrangeas.

My dream house on Lombard

My dream house on Lombard…

lombard fence detail

The view down Lombard Street

The view down Lombard Street

Or the famous Painted Ladies? — a row of quaint and colorful Victorian and Edwardian houses that harken back to a bygone era? I’d never seen them in person before last week. And dude, I lived in San Francisco for years, LOL!

painted ladies

I’ll take the cream one in the middle, please

I know, crazypants.

A glass of Riesling at Waterbar Restaurant on the Embarcadero

A glass of Riesling at Waterbar Restaurant on the Embarcadero

embarcadero bow arrow

This makes me think of Katniss, LOL!

Bay Bridge view

Hello, Bay Bridge!

So yeah, we definitely did some touristy things, which is a lot of fun sometimes, then had lunch at this wonderful restaurant on the water in the Embarcadero called Waterbar (serves kinda pricey but delicious seafood; highly recommended), where I had my first glass of wine since June 2015.

It was really, REALLY good, BTW. 🙂

Apparentely, I missed wine a lot more than I thought.

It was a fun day, and it was good to break out of baby jail for a while.

Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,

Karen


The post, “Lombard Street, Painted Ladies and Adventures in San Francisco,” first appeared on Makeup and Beauty Blog | Makeup Reviews, Swatches and How-To Makeup.

from Makeup and Beauty Blog | Makeup Reviews, Swatches and How-To Makeup http://www.makeupandbeautyblog.com/daily-beauty-cat/lombard-street-painted-ladies-adventures-san-francisco/
Alt Source: Startifacts Nose Hair Trimmer

from
http://startifacts.tumblr.com/post/147296057749

No comments:

Post a Comment