Wednesday 20 July 2016

These Hourglass Vanish Seamless Finish Foundation Sticks Make Unevenness and Redness Go *POOF!*

hourglass vanish seamless finish foundation stick

The new Hourglass Vanish Seamless Finish Foundation Sticks ($46 each) and Vanish Seamless Finish Foundation Brush ($46)

It’s kind of amazing how far foundation has come in such a relatively short amount of time. There are so many products on counters now that are getting close to realistic-looking skin. I’m talking finishes and textures and colors and coverages that are virtually imperceptible, and all I have to say to that is “yay!” This is a trend worthy of an all-caps WOOT-WOOT.

hourglass vanish

Houglass Vanish Seamless Finish Foundation Sticks in Warm Beige and Beige ($46 each)

These new $46 Hourglass Vanish Seamless Foundation Sticks are the latest realistic-looking foundations to jump into the ring, providing the coverage of a concealer, the maneuverability of a liquid and the weightlessness of a powder.

And that’s all great, but I also like how quick they can be used (roughly a minute or two). It’s like boom, boom, boom! — a little swipe here, a little swipe there, cheeks, nose, forehead, chin. Then blend that in with a brush for lovely, even-toned skin without any of that heaviness, or that caked-on nonsense where it feels like you’re wearing a mask.

hourglass vanish foundation before-after

From the left: bare skin, then a layer of Beige by itself, and then Beige worn with additional makeup

They’ll be available in Sephora stores for $46 each (26 shades) starting July 21. That is expensive…but they are concentrated, so hopefully they’ll last a while.

To use ’em, I’ll take one of the sticks (see how they’re shaped like a triangle?), put two dots on my cheeks (because that’s where I like a little more coverage), a dot on my nose, two dots on my forehead and a dot on my chinny-chin-chin. Then I’ll blend that in with the new $46 Vanish Seamless Finish Foundation Brush.

The resulting finish looks delish.

hourglass vanish foundation beige k

Wearing Hourglass Vanish Seamless in Beige set with NARS Translucent Crystal Face Powder

Using the word “vanish” in the name was a good call because, seriously, I can’t see or feel this on my skin. It does seem to disappear, yet at the same time still hides the redness on my cheeks and blurs my pores. And it does it while still letting my freckles come through.

hourglass vanish warm beige beige

Ugh, the finish… It’s just gorgeous! I can’t take it. It’s like a soft velvet that ever-so-slightly reflects light, so it might not be your cup of tea if you’re a hardcore matte person. It would probably be a better fit for you if you like your skin with a touch o’ radiance.

I wear the shade called Beige and keep it at sheer coverage on my forehead, nose and chin, and then I build it up to medium coverage on my cheeks. And I can also build it up to full coverage by laying a little more and blending with a brush.

I like that it can go up to full coverage, but I think this foundation’s strengths are the lightweight formula and its ability to even out the skin while allowing things like freckles to peek through. It’s great stuff!

It’s my current go-to, which I alternate with NARS Velvet Matte Skin Tint when I want a more matte finish.

Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,

Karen


The post, “These Hourglass Vanish Seamless Finish Foundation Sticks Make Unevenness and Redness Go *POOF!*,” first appeared on Makeup and Beauty Blog | Makeup Reviews, Swatches and How-To Makeup.

from Makeup and Beauty Blog | Makeup Reviews, Swatches and How-To Makeup http://www.makeupandbeautyblog.com/product-reviews/hourglass-vanish-seamless-finish-foundation-stick-review/
Alt Source: Startifacts Nose Hair Trimmer

from
http://startifacts.tumblr.com/post/147724472479

No comments:

Post a Comment