Tuesday 26 July 2016

It’s Just The Barest Blush by The Estée Edit

estee edit barest blush coy coral

Wearing The Estée Edit Barest Blush in Coy Coral ($28, one of four shades)

I really hope I don’t drop one of these blushes by The Estée Edit because…

  1. I have a penchant for dropping things. I don’t know why, but when I’m applying makeup, gravity always gets involved, and something usually lands on my foot (P.S., it usually hurts).
  2. And I also have a feeling that if I were to drop one of these compacts, the precious pan inside it would break, triggering a loud WAHHH!

These silver sweethearts are called The Barest Blushes by The Estée Edit. They’re $28 each and available in four shades.

The packaging may look sturdy, but really, it’s not. It’s lightweight plastic and, truth be told, feels fairly flimsy. I fear these won’t be able to handle the rigors of my butterfinger life.

(Seriously, every single piece of makeup I own? — on the floor at least 20 times a day. Totally not kidding.)

Even so, what lives within these delicate darlings is pure gold, and that’s why I keep wearing ’em.

These aptly named blushes came out with the rest of The Estée Edit line earlier this year. The two shades I’ve been wearing the most — Coy Coral and Ember Glow — look completely natural. I’m talking about that heat-rushing-to-your cheeks kind of flush, and they’re totally spot-on if you like a natural cheek look.

estee edit barest blush coy coral

The Estée Edit Barest Blush in Coy Coral

Yes, if I were ever in a position where all of my goodies were hanging out and all eyes were on me (also known as “my nightmare”), my cheeks would probably turn a shade similar to Coy Coral. 😊

These have a fine shimmery golden overspray on them that disappears after you’ve used them a few times and, not gonna lie, I don’t mind that they disappear, because I’ve been into matte, and low-level shine, cheeks lately.

estee edit barest blush ember glow

The Estée Edit Barest Blush in Ember Glow

estee edit barest blush ember glow

Wearing The Estée Edit Barest Blush in Ember Glow

estee edit blush swatches

Coy Coral (left) and Ember Glow (right)

The soft, silky powder formula reminds me of BECCA blushes, and these also have that same easy-to-use vibe, which I’m into.

Yeah, dude…I’m into that easy blush life. Like, I don’t mind being challenged when I’m reading or working or assisting my husky tabby, but I don’t want to be challenged by my cheek color, ya know? Nope, not gonna do it.

I want to be able to tap a little on, erase any edges with a few swooshes of my brush, and get on with my life. And that’s how it is to use these beautiful blushes.

I don’t see myself quitting these anytime soon, not even with the packaging woes.

I just hope I don’t drop them, oy!

If you want to see them in person, you can find them now at Sephora for $28 each.

Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,

Karen


The post, “It’s Just The Barest Blush by The Estée Edit,” first appeared on Makeup and Beauty Blog | Makeup Reviews, Swatches and How-To Makeup.

from Makeup and Beauty Blog | Makeup Reviews, Swatches and How-To Makeup http://www.makeupandbeautyblog.com/product-reviews/estee-edit-blush-review/
Alt Source: Startifacts Nose Hair Trimmer

from
http://startifacts.tumblr.com/post/148017794429

No comments:

Post a Comment