Thursday 28 July 2016

My Favorite Face Products From The Estée Edit for Quick, Cute and Casual Makeup

estee edit flash illuminator

Keeping it casual with The Estée Edit Flash Illuminators ($28)

Five-minute makeup with The Estée Edit? Heck, yeah!

I love a carved out cat eye, and ooh! — sparkles. I also love sparkles, but I don’t feel like wearing them every day.

Some days, like today, barely-there five-minute makeup just hits the spot. It’s barely 9 a.m. here, and it’s already above 80. I’m sitting in front of my Beyoncé fan, and I still feel hot.

When it’s hot like this, I’m not gonna wear a ton of makeup, and I won’t spend a lot of time on it either, but I still want to look like I’m trying, you know what I’m saying?

Easy, fast and casual makeup today with products from The Estee Edit

Quick and casual makeup today with products from The Estée Edit

The still fairly new Estée Edit line (available at Sephora) is a good fit for how I’m currently feeling. It has that unfussy, fresh and youthful “just throw on your favorite white tee, jeans shorts and Chucks” vibe to it.

If Connor were of age and wanted to start wearing makeup like this, I could get behind it. It’s sheer and casual — stuff that you can put on with your fingers and don’t have to fuss much with.

Here are four of my favorite cute and casual products from the The Estée Edit line…

The Estée Edit Rescue Balm for Face and Body ($50)

estee edit rescue balm beam team

The Estée Edit Rescue Balm ($50) and Beam Team ($42)

My dry skin loves The Estée Edit Rescue Balm. It’s a super rich (and, unfortunately, also pricey) moisturizing balm — first and foremost, a moisturizer — and I apply it all over my face to prep the skin before applying the Skin Glowing Balm.

I think it also works kind of like a primer because it does help my makeup last longer, even though they don’t claim that it’s supposed to do that.

The Estée Edit Beam Team ($42)

estee edit rescue balm beam team 2

The Estée Edit Rescue Balm ($50) and Beam Team ($42)

The Estée Edit Beam Team is a two-for-one with a golden liquid illuminator in the tube and a creamy golden illuminator in the cap. Wear them underneath tinted moisturizer or atop your favorite face products.

It reminds me a lot of MAC Golden Elixir Strobe Lotion, which is a golden version of their cult classic Strobe Cream.

I think it looks absolutely gorgeous on bare skin. Great for an instant skin pick-me-up!

The Estée Edit Skin Glowing Balm ($36)

estee edit skin glowing balm

Get glowing with The Estée Edit Skin Glowing Balms ($36)

The Estée Edit Skin Glowing Balms are uber-sheer, minimal-coverage tinted moisturizers with the faintest hint of opalescent pearl. Super lightweight and very natural looking.

If you’re desperately seeking coverage, you’ll need an additional concealer (I’ve been loving Sephora Bright Future Gel Serum as of late), but if you just want to even out your skin tone a touch, these balms are great. They’re $36 each and available in 12 shades.

I do two pumps of Chai to cover my face and rub it in with my fingers.

The Estée Edit Flash Illuminator ($28)

These liquid highlighters remind me a little of quieter BECCA Shimmering Skin Perfectors with more nuanced pearl and pigments.

You can use any of them (they’re $28 each and available in five shades) as straight-up highlighters, but some of the shades, like 03 Sun Light and 04 Daylight, can also work as a blush (I’m wearing 04 Daylight today as my blush).

Oh, and 05 Nightlight works as a bronzer, too.

estee edit skin glowing balm swatches 1

The Estée Edit Skin Glowing Balm swatches

estee edit skin glowing balm swatches 2

The Estée Edit Skin Glowing Balm swatches

estee edit flash illuminator swatches

The Estée Edit Flash Illuminator swatches in 01 Spotlight, 03 Sunlight, 04 Daylight and 05 Nightlight

estee edit beam team swatch

The Estée Edit Beam Team Hydrate + Glow

I can totally appreciate going full-on glam sometimes, but I think there’s also beauty in low-maintenance looks.

Some days it’s just fun to keep it casual. 🙂

Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,

Karen


The post, “My Favorite Face Products From The Estée Edit for Quick, Cute and Casual Makeup,” first appeared on Makeup and Beauty Blog | Makeup Reviews, Swatches and How-To Makeup.

from Makeup and Beauty Blog | Makeup Reviews, Swatches and How-To Makeup http://www.makeupandbeautyblog.com/product-reviews/the-estee-edit-face-products/
Alt Source: Startifacts Nose Hair Trimmer

from
http://startifacts.tumblr.com/post/148105742749

No comments:

Post a Comment