Wednesday 13 July 2016

Urban Decay Fall 2016: Glitter, Sparkle, Shine and an Epic Full-Coverage Matte Foundation

urban decay fall 2016

Oh, my gawd! It’s so easy to get sucked into the glittery, shimmery, shiny vortex that is the Urban Decay Fall 2016 collection.

My eyes turned into emoji hearts 😍 the first time I opened the Moondust Eyeshadow Palette ($49), but to my surprise the thing that made me go “WHHHAAAAA!” the loudest was the All Nighter Liquid Foundation ($40).

urban decay all nighter foundation-6

Three shades of Urban Decay All Nighter Liquid Foundation for comparison

I’m not a full-coverage matte gal right now. Right now I’m more into dewy finishes and light-to-medium coverage. So I’m fine with my freckles peeking through, but this new foundation could convert me to Team Full-Coverage Matte.

Like, seriously, I used half a drop of shade 7.0, which pretty much a dead ringer for my MAC NC42 skin tone — half a drop, dude! — and I put it on with my fingers, thinking, “Whatever, let’s just see where this goes.”

Somehow, that small amount pretty much covers my entire face. My skin looks even toned, and my pores look smaller, but the finish still looks natural, and not heavy or masky, which is a frequent issues I have with a lot of the full-coverage matte foundations out there (ugh).

If there’s anything in this release worthy of grabby hands, I think it’s Urban Decay All Night Liquid Foundation.

urban decay razor sharp

The Urban Decay Razor Sharp Water-Resistant Longwear Liquid Eyeliners ($22 each)

I mean, there’s also some other cool stuff in the collection, like a new line of liquid eyeliners called the Razor Sharp Water-Resistant Longwear Liquid Eyeliners ($22 each).

They have a brush applicator, which usually spells “wonky-@ss line” for me, but not with these, even when I quickly sloosh a small amount of Snakebite (the metallic coppery bronze) on my upper lash lines. The brush is actually very smooth and easy to use!

urban decay razor sharp swatches-1

11 of the 20 Urban Decay Razor Sharp Water-Resistant Longwear Liquid Eyeliners

My lines end up nice and crisp. Oh, and the liquid formula? SO pigmented, and super shiny, too. Plus it dries quickly, so you don’t have to sit there twiddling your thumbs with your eyes closed for days to prevent the liner from transferring from your lash line up into your crease (story of my life).

urban decay moondust

Urban Decay Moondust Palette ($49)

There’s also a new Moondust Eyeshadow Palette in the collection! It has eight new shades.

My love for the Moondusts already ran deep, but this one made me even more enamored with them. They’re lovely if you like the look of glistening, almost glossy eyes. All you have to do is dip a finger into a pan, pat it on your lids, and you’ve gone from librarian to rock ‘n’ roll in less than 2.5 seconds.

urban decay moondust swatches-4

Moondust Eyeshadow Palette swatches (top row)

urban decay moondust swatches-5

Moondust Eyeshadow Palette swatches (bottom row)

The collection also includes a dark black Perversion Water-Proof Fine-Point Eye Pen ($20), and I like the super skinny point…but I’m going to probably need more alone time with this liquid liner to see if we can be friends, since I’ve had some trubs getting a crisp edge with it.

urban decay perverison waterproof swatches-3

Urban Decay Perversion Water-Proof Fine-Point Eye Pen

Lastly, the launch includes a line of $28 color-correcting concealers called the Naked Skin Color Correcting Fluids.

So far, I’ve popped the peach under my eyes to test them, and uh…I didn’t really see a big difference. I still looked pretty tired.

urban decay naked skin color correcting swatches-2

4 of the 5 Urban Decay Naked Skin Concealers

Then again, Connor woke me up at 5:30 that day, so maybe I just needed more industrial strength color-correcting, haha!

I do like the creamy consistency of the corrector, though. It feels just like Urban Decay’s Naked Concealer.

I plan to spend more quality time with these bad boys and using them in looks this week, but so far, I’m really feelin’ the foundation (OMG!!), the Moondust Eye Palette and the Liquid Eyeliners.

As for release dates, the Moondust Palette is available now online, as are the Naked Skin Color Correctors (sephora.com).

I’m not sure on the release dates of the All Nighter Liquid Foundation, the Razor Sharp Liquid Eyeliners and the Perversion Eye Pen, but I think it’s safe to assume they’ll be online and on counters soon.

Holla at me if anything here catches your eye, will ya?

Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,

Karen


The post, “Urban Decay Fall 2016: Glitter, Sparkle, Shine and an Epic Full-Coverage Matte Foundation,” first appeared on Makeup and Beauty Blog | Makeup Reviews, Swatches and How-To Makeup.

from Makeup and Beauty Blog | Makeup Reviews, Swatches and How-To Makeup http://www.makeupandbeautyblog.com/product-reviews/urban-decay-fall-2016/
Alt Source: Startifacts Nose Hair Trimmer

from
http://startifacts.tumblr.com/post/147364208419

No comments:

Post a Comment