Wednesday 13 July 2016

An Ode to NARS

NARS Best Makeup Products

Wearing NARS Duo Eyeshadow in Corder on top of NARS Pro-Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base on my eyes, NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Dragon Girl on my lips, and NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer in Custard, NARS Bronzing Powder in Laguna, and NARS Blush in Amour on my complexion

Yesterday I played the lottery for the first time in my life.

And just like I think everyone does when playing the lottery, I started fantasizing about what I would buy if I won €100,000,000…

You know what the first thing that popped into my head was?

Nope, it wasn’t a big house in the hills or a round-the-world getaway (although those would be nice).

It was the entire NARS makeup collection!

Can you imagine that? Hundreds and hundreds of those sleek, rubberized cases and tubes (side note: you can easily clean them up with duo-phase makeup remover).

AHHHH!

NARS Best Makeup Products

But anyways, I didn’t win…

And since they say that to be happy in life you should focus on the good things you have rather than the things you don’t have, today I decided to focus on the products in my NARS stash that bring me happiness on a daily basis!

NARS Best Makeup Products

My favorite NARS makeup products

Wanna see what they are?

NARS Duo Eyeshadow in Isolde ($35)

NARS Duo Eyeshadow in Isolde

I did a full review with swatches of the NARS Duo Eyeshadow in Isolde on my blog

In the event of a fire, you’re supposed to leave all of your belongings where they are and get to the nearest exit.

Well, I really hope we never, ever have a fire in our building, because I’d have a really, really hard time leaving the NARS Duo Eyeshadow in Isolde behind (should I grab it or not?).

I know I might sound like I need to re-evaluate my priorities, but if you’ve ever tried Isolde, I think you’ll understand.

I can’t imagine my life without it.

The shadows have the most gorgeous metallic finish (no chunky glitters in sight!), and they’re so pigmented, creamy, and smooth that I can’t think of many other shadows that compare (I’m thinking of the Giorgio Armani Eyes To Kill Intense in 5 Gold Blitz and Pure Ganache from the Zoeva Cocoa Blend Eyeshadow Palette).

And if that’s not enough, they practically blend themselves and last longer than probably anyone could need.

NARS Bronzing Powder in Laguna ($39)

NARS Bronzing Powder Laguna

If you look at a pan of NARS Bronzing Powder in Laguna or swatch it with your finger, you can see teeny, tiny sparkles running through it, but I’ve never really noticed them once applied…

I think I was the last person in the makeup-loving world to try NARS Bronzing Powder in Laguna.

Yep, believe it or not, despite loving both NARS and bronzers to pieces, I led a Laguna-less existence until very recently!

I’ll keep this short and sweet, since I’m sure that most of you know Laguna better than I do.

What I like about Laguna is that it gives my complexion believable warmth, it’s easy to blend, and it isn’t overly pigmented, so the application is pretty fool-proof.

NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer in Custard ($29)

NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer Custard

NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer in Custard is the only non-peach-toned concealer that does a decent job of covering up my scary dark circles.

I’ve never encountered, in all my concealer-wearing-days (it’s been almost 20 years!), a liquid concealer with higher coverage.

The downside is that it tends to settle in my under-eye creases a little, but hey, you know what they say — you gotta pick your battles!

NARS Blush in Amour ($30)

NARS Blush Amour

If you have a light complexion and want to make sure you don’t go overboard with NARS Blush in Amour, I recommend applying it with a fluffy brush like the Real Techniques Blush Brush

I’ve got nothing but amour for NARS Blush in Amour.

I mean, since it’s super pigmented, I need to be extra cautious with it, but if I apply the right amount, it gives me a very natural pinky flush.

It’s very easy to blend, though, and lasts a pretty long time, even on my oily skin.

NARS Duo Eyeshadow in Cordura ($35)

NARS Duo Eyeshadow Cordura

The shimmer in the NARS Duo Eyeshadow in Cordura is very subtle (you can see swatches in Karen’s post here)

NARS Duo Eyeshadow Cordura

Wearing the NARS Duo Eyeshadow in Cordura on my eyes

Poor Cordura. I keep comparing it to Isolde, and well…it just can’t win there.

BUT, if I just focus on it, it’s actually a very nice little duo — super versatile and easy to work with.

If you’d like to try one of the NARS duos but don’t think you can pull off Isolde’s warmth, Cordura is definitely one to consider.

NARS Pro-Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base ($26)

NARS Pro-Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base

It’s hard for me to get excited about an eyeshadow primer, but NARS Pro-Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base is REALLY something special!

It makes eyeshadows more vibrant and longer-lasting than any other primer I’ve ever tried.

NARS Pure Matte Lipstick in Carthage ($28)

NARS Pure Matte Lipstick in Carthage

I don’t want to bore you by singing the praises of NARS Carthage yet again, so I’ll leave you with these few words about it: punchy, comfy, long-lasting.

If you want to hear more about it, check out my post on five bright pink lipsticks to try this summer, or this one about four lipsticks I love that no one ever talks about.

NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Dragon Girl

NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil Dragon Girl

NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil Dragon Girl

On my lips I’m wearing the NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Dragon Girl, a beautiful pinky red

The NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Dragon Girl was the product that started it all — and by “it all,” I mean my slight fixation with NARS Cosmetics.

What about it made me fall head over heels for the brand?

Well, first of all, it’s called “Dragon Girl,” and we all know that I have a thing for makeup products with names that evoke fire (dragons spit fire) and places in North Africa. 😉

Second of all, despite being 100% matte (which I personally love), it glides effortlessly across the lips and feels completely weightless once it’s on.

FINITO!

What are your favorite NARS products? And what would be the first (silly) purchase you’d make if you won the lottery?


Carolina Braina


Hey, ladies (and gents), it’s Carolina here, reporting live from Bologna, Italy, to bring you the latest and greatest in beauty from the good ol’ continent! For an extra dose of that timeless Italian glam with a touch of humor and self-irony (because, you know, laughter is the best makeup), come say hi at carolinapage.eu and Instagram.

The post, “An Ode to NARS,” first appeared on Makeup and Beauty Blog | Makeup Reviews, Swatches and How-To Makeup.

from Makeup and Beauty Blog | Makeup Reviews, Swatches and How-To Makeup http://www.makeupandbeautyblog.com/cosmetics/an-ode-to-nars/
Alt Source: Startifacts Nose Hair Trimmer

from
http://startifacts.tumblr.com/post/147344425609

No comments:

Post a Comment