Wednesday 20 July 2016

NUDESTIX Gel Colour Lip + Cheek Balm: These Glossy, Pigmented Pencils Do Double-Duty

nudestix gel color

Four of the eight NUDESTIX Gel Color Lip + Cheek Balms ($24 each)

I had a dream the other night that I left these NUDESTIX Gel Colours out on my desk, and a toddler-sized Connor Claire found them and used them to draw all over my office walls.

But like, honestly, I wasn’t even mad at her, because I thought, “Girl, you’ve got good taste! If I were a kid, I’d probably do the same thing. BRAVO.”

nudestix gel color

These NUDESIX Gel Colours came out a while back (late spring/early summer, I believe) in eight $24 shades.

They may look like standard-issue lip pencils, but naaaah — they’re much more than that. With these you get an uber-moisturizing, long-lasting, easy-to-blend lip balm (my dry lips totes approve) with a shiny gel finish, and they also double as blush.

nudestix gel color rebel

NUDESTIX Gel Color Lip + Cheek Balm in Rebel (my fave!)

I think I’ve mentioned this before, but lately I’ve been into #thatpencillife (we should try to #trend that, ha!) because, let’s face it, the whole new mom thing… Between the feedings every few hours and the lack of sleep and the laundry and the diaper changes, I’m not left with a boat load of time to put on makeup, so products that come in pencil form are straight-up convenient.

nudestix gel color posh

NUDESTIX Gel Color Lip + Cheek Balm in Posth

I can grab one and do a swipe-swipe-blend thing, and be done with my lips and cheeks within a minute.

I gotta say, I’m getting pretty good at this quick makeup thing (this coming from a girl who once believed that 30 minutes was the minimum amount of time she needed for “minimal” makeup). Now, honey, I can be done in 10!

It’s just so liberating. 🙂

nudestix gel color wicked

NUDESTIX Gel Color Lip + Cheek Balm in Wicked

By the way, the swipe-swipe-blend is crucial here — not swipe-swipe-swipe-swipe-swipe-swipe-blend. Because these are heavily pigmented, I don’t need much.

nudestix gel color siren

NUDESTIX Gel Color Lip + Cheek Balm in Siren

Oh, the pencils also come in a reusable black tin with a mirror inside the lid. They also include a sharpener, so you can sharpen on the go, and the products weren’t tested on animals, either, nor do they contain parabens, sulfates or pthalates.

nudestix-gel-color-swatches

I also love wearing glossy finishes this time of year when it’s hot outside and you’re already sweating a little bit, and your skin is already naturally glistening. Sometimes I feel like matte lips and cheeks can look a little out of place with a dewy face, ya know? These just fit well with a laid back, casual summertime look.

Orange Theory Fitness?

So I got this postcard yesterday for a new gym called Orange Theory Fitness opening in my town.

Have you heard of it? It looks like some kind of group interval training, and the card says that you can burn 500 calories in 60 minutes, which makes my eyes get all big and cray because I’d like to eventually fit back into my pre-Connor pants.

And, ugh, running on the treadmill in my room is just… I’m so not feeling it. I love running, but we moved the treadmill into our bedroom a few months ago because of space, and it faces a wall now, so I can’t really look at anything when I’m on it.

It’s just so freaking boring. I’m curious — have you ever done group interval training or heard of Orange Theory Fitness? I looked them up on Yelp, and they get decent reviews. Inquiring minds want to know.

Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,

Karen


The post, “NUDESTIX Gel Colour Lip + Cheek Balm: These Glossy, Pigmented Pencils Do Double-Duty,” first appeared on Makeup and Beauty Blog | Makeup Reviews, Swatches and How-To Makeup.

from Makeup and Beauty Blog | Makeup Reviews, Swatches and How-To Makeup http://www.makeupandbeautyblog.com/product-reviews/nudestick-gel-colour-lip-cheek-balm-review/
Alt Source: Startifacts Nose Hair Trimmer

from
http://startifacts.tumblr.com/post/147704509299

No comments:

Post a Comment