Wednesday 28 December 2016

How Important Is Color Correcting to You?

make up for ever primers

Mix and match your primers!

I don’t really have many areas that I feel would benefit from me doing a separate color-correcting step. The main area for me is under my eyes, so it depends on the person. It’s not something I do every day, just because I’m usually going for the natural look these days and I don’t want to be puttin’ on layer upon layer of makeup, so I’d say that it’s moderately important to me.

Sometimes when my dark circles are particularly dark, I will color correct them first with a peach/orange primer, then set it with powder, and then I’ll top it with a concealer in a shade that’s closer to my natural skin tone. I’ll do this because my dark circles are a purplish blue, and if I just go directly on top of them with a yellow-based concealer, they can look grayish (especially in pics).

But the orange corrector cancels out the blue, so that when I put my concealer on top, it looks natural.

There are other kinds of color-correcting products, too, and they can make a huge difference. In one of the free Sephora Beauty Classes I went to (you should totally go!), the model was very fair-skinned and had red spots on her cheeks, so the teacher used a green corrector to cancel out the red before she applied foundation and concealer on top.

It looked amazing. I couldn’t even tell there’d been any red on the model’s skin at all.

Here’s a rundown of my current skin care/skin prep/makeup process, except that my current concealer regimen has changed a little. Now I use either Sephora Future Gel Serum Concealer by itself if I don’t do any separate color correcting (the shade I use already has a subtle peachy tone), or Make Up For Ever Ultra HD Invisible Cover Concealer if I feel like going the extra mile and doing more robust color correcting, because of the two shades that I use, one has an orange tint for correcting my purplish blue dark circles.

I set whichever one I use with NARS Translucent Crystal Light Reflecting Pressed Setting Powder. And here are some additional tips on how I use color correcting primers in general.

For me, it’s mostly a step I’ll do when I’m doing a full-on makeup look. It’s not something I do every day, but I’m curious. Is color correcting part of your regular makeup routine, or is it a once-in-a-while thing for you?

Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,

Karen


The post, “How Important Is Color Correcting to You?,” first appeared on Makeup and Beauty Blog | Makeup Reviews, Swatches and How-To Makeup.

from Makeup and Beauty Blog | Makeup Reviews, Swatches and How-To Makeup http://www.makeupandbeautyblog.com/just-for-fun/important-color-correcting/
Alt Source: Startifacts Nose Hair Trimmer

from
http://startifacts.tumblr.com/post/155079469384

No comments:

Post a Comment