Monday 5 December 2016

Makeup and Beauty Blog Monday Poll, Vol. 452

christmas-tree-2016-1

So..what is the Monday Poll?

Well, it isn’t exactly a poll. It’s more of a constantly evolving (devolving?), somewhat random list of questions I’ve been putting out to readers every Monday morning for the past NINE (!) years. (It’s like a kickstart for your brain.) I’ve always enjoyed reading your answers in the comments, and I hope you enjoy reading mine. 🙂

1. You’re given the opportunity to walk the Victoria’s Secret Runway Show. Is this a dream or a nightmare scenario?

Umm…a little bit of both?

The world doesn’t need to be staring at my butt as I strut down a runway in a bejeweled thong…but you only live once! 🙂 So why the hell not? Plus, can you imagine the swag? I’d be all, “Please, is there any way I can exchange this diamond-encrusted corset for a pair of plaid flannel pajamas? No, seriously.”

2. Candy canes or gingerbread cookies?

It’s a little weird for someone who goes to great lengths to avoid ginger at any cost to say, “I’ll take gingerbread cookies for $500, Alex,” but eh, it is what it is. I despise ginger in its savory form, but add sugar and icing to the mix, and I’m SO down.

3. How many cats is too many cats?

As a bonafide, certified cat lady, my official answer is, “There’s no such thing as too many cats.” Off the record, though, the maximum number I think I’d be able to handle is two (based mostly on daily litter box maintenance).

OK, three.

4. Your favorite winter sweater?

I have a black and white cardigan that I call my “Muppet sweater” because it has long bits of yarn for texture that make it look like a long-haired puppet.

It’s black and white, so it goes with almost everything in my closet. Plus, it’s warm and, most importantly, it’s a little ridiculous. My favorite articles of clothing have some whimsy to them, and this piece does.

5. What nail polish colors do you wear the most?

I wear a lot of colors in the YGVB end of the ROYGVB spectrum.

The holiday spirit

christmas-tree-2016-2

FYI, in case you were wondering if it’s ever a good idea to go shopping for Christmas decor late on a Sunday afternoon during the first weekend of December, it’s not. Go get a gingerbread latte instead.

Twenty days ’till Christmas! Are you in holiday mode yet? We got our tree this weekend, so I’m getting there… At the place where we get our tree, Cousins’ Christmas Trees in Novato, it’s an event.

christmas-tree-2016-3

There’s hot cocoa and cookies, a Santa’s Workshop area for kids to play and draw on a big chalkboard, and a mini-petting zoo with two goats (my favorite part, of course).

Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,

Karen

P.S. Here are the questions to copy and paste…

1. You’re given the opportunity to walk the Victoria’s Secret Runway Show. Is this a dream or a nightmare scenario?
2. Candy canes or gingerbread cookies?
3. How many cats is too many cats?
4. Your favorite winter sweater?
5. What nail polish colors do you wear the most?

P.P.S. Have a great week, my friend! 🙂


The post, “Makeup and Beauty Blog Monday Poll, Vol. 452,” first appeared on Makeup and Beauty Blog | Makeup Reviews, Swatches and How-To Makeup.

from Makeup and Beauty Blog | Makeup Reviews, Swatches and How-To Makeup http://www.makeupandbeautyblog.com/just-for-fun/makeup-beauty-blog-monday-poll-vol-452/
Alt Source: Startifacts Nose Hair Trimmer

from
http://startifacts.tumblr.com/post/154083275614

No comments:

Post a Comment