Friday 2 December 2016

Simple Glam: A Smoky Taupe and Pink Daytime Look With the Laura Geller Holiday Train Case Collection

laura geller holiday train case

The Laura Geller Holiday Train Case Collection ($99, available now from QVC) has colors that I gravitate toward naturally — browns, taupes, pinks and golds.

Friday is always a good day for glam, even if it’s just low-key glam, because why not, right? You made it through the rest of the week, and you never know what can happen on a Friday night.

If I were actually going to go somewhere and do something exciting tonight, I’d hope it would be someplace fun with a casual dress code that allows dried baby food stains, LOL!

You guys, I don’t know how this became the new normal for me, but I swear, I find at least one spot of baby food on my clothes every single day, and sometimes I have NO IDEA how it got there. Sometimes it’s food that I don’t even remember Connor eating! — but I’m at the point now where I don’t even care anymore. It’s just what I do now. I wear clothing with dried baby food on it.

laura geller holiday train case

Yes, I have some veggie mash on my blouse

*sigh* I’m sure I’ll miss these days when Connor is a teenager and mumbles two words to me under her breath when she comes home from school, then goes up to her room and slams the door…

Anyway, I used the $99 Laura Geller Holiday Train Case Collection from QVC.com for this smoky taupe look. It’s a pretty cool set, especially if you’re all about that glow.

laura geller holiday train case collection 3

The Laura Geller Holiday Train Case Collection

It comes with a brown and taupe shimmery eyeshadow duo, a golden peach highlighter, a pink blush, a pale face powder (the shade, Porcelain, is way too light for me, so I didn’t use it for this look), a champagne pearl liquid face primer, a creamy pink lipstick, a black thickening mascara and two double-sided brushes for $99 at QVC.

laura geller holiday train case collection 3

Cute case

I used everything from the kit except for the face powder, which is too light for me, so I just used my regular Medium Golden MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural.

I hear all the time from friends who want to learn how to apply eyeshadow, and I think that this duo would be good for learning and building up your confidence, because they’re shimmery, practical colors that are very easy to blend. This look took about 20 minutes.

And now, for your unscheduled moment of cuteness: this sweet video of a newborn getting her hair washed. 🙂


I. KNOW. TOO SWEET!

Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,

Karen


The post, “Simple Glam: A Smoky Taupe and Pink Daytime Look With the Laura Geller Holiday Train Case Collection,” first appeared on Makeup and Beauty Blog | Makeup Reviews, Swatches and How-To Makeup.

from Makeup and Beauty Blog | Makeup Reviews, Swatches and How-To Makeup http://www.makeupandbeautyblog.com/face-of-the-day-fotd/smoky-taupe-pink-daytime-glam-makeup-laura-geller-holiday-train-case-collection/
Alt Source: Startifacts Nose Hair Trimmer

from
http://startifacts.tumblr.com/post/153965401379

No comments:

Post a Comment