Saturday 31 December 2016

The Maybelline 24K Nudes Eyeshadow Palette, and a HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

maybelline the 24karat nudes palette

Wearing The 24K Nudes Eyeshadow Palette by Maybelline, just $11.99 and available now at Ulta

I’m totally down with gold, bronze and brown,
The color combo spins me round and round…

OK, that’s the end of that nonsense. My name is Karen, and I cannot rap! Nope. I am terrible at improv lyrical wordsmith-ing.

But hey, girl, haaay, I can do other things…like obsess over outrageously good gold, bronze and brown eye palettes. Yeah, I can totally do that. Been doing it for years, actually. 🙂

Here’s one: the new $11.99 Maybelline The 24K Nudes Eyeshadow Palette.

maybelline the 24karat nudes palette 1

Maybelline’s The 24K Nudes Eyeshadow Palette has 12 dazzling colors infused with metallic gold pigments

All 12 of these warm, shimmery shades are right up my alley. For an $11.99 palette, this one’s a divine drugstore darling with bronze, brown, purple and khaki. They’re all nicely pigmented (I’d call them “medium” pigmented, so just shy of full), so they aren’t as sheer as the shadows in some inexpensive palettes; easy to blend; silky soft; and they don’t have a problem with wear time.

This is a great palette for everyday shimmer. I have a palette from theBalm that’s very similar to it but about $20 more expensive.

The powder particles in the more shimmery of the shades are on the larger side, though…which does make those somewhat aging, methinks, but this is still a great all-around palette because of the potent pigments and the price. It’s easily comparable to some of the better drugstore palettes out there now (like the $10 Maybelline Eye Studios, which are bomb-@ss drugstore gems to me).

maybelline the 24karat nudes palette swatches

Swatches of The 24K Nudes Eyeshadow Palette (I’m a MAC NC42 for ref)

These are also notably easy to blend, and easy to blend is key.

Don’t you love it when you can do an eye look that doesn’t take a ton of elbow grease?

Really, though…who wants a greasy elbow?? (Side note: I nominate the phrase, “greasy elbow,” as One of the Grossest Phrases Ever.)

Happy New Year!!!!

Have a wonderful New Year’s Eve tonight. Be safe. Have fun though, of course. 🙂 I hope that 2017 is a great year for you, and I hope your wishes come true.

How are you ringing in the new year? Or have you already rung it in where you are? I know that parts of the world are already in 2017 (mind blown!). Tabs, El Hub and I are going to eat all the junk food and probably watch the ball drop on TV. Connor Claire will be fast asleep…

Thank you for being a friend, and I look forward to hanging out with you next year (a.k.a tomorrow). 🙂

When the mountain was high, I still believed…


Waiting For That Day

Been listening to a lot of George Michael over the past week…

His music… I listened to so much of it when I was a kid and a teenager. Whenever I’d hear Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go on the radio, I’d run over and turn up the dial (!), because the only way to dance to that song properly is by maxing out the volume, obviously.

I also loved his solo stuff. I had Faith and Listen Without Prejudice on tape, OMG, #datingmyself.

Some of my favorite George Michael songs are ones that weren’t his biggest hits, like Waiting For That Day, which is a great morning song when you’re just waking up and making your coffee.

And there’s the duet he did with Aretha Franklin, Knew You Were Waiting For Me, which was kind of a random pairing, but something about that song makes me so happy. 🙂


I knew you were waiting for me…

I also love Battlestations, which is from Wham’s final album (side note: Don’t ask me how I remember so much about Wham when I can’t remember what I had for dinner two days ago). I don’t think it was played on the radio here in the U.S., but it’s on that album and I love it.


Here we go, battle stations

R.I.P., George.

Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,

Karen


The post, “The Maybelline 24K Nudes Eyeshadow Palette, and a HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!,” first appeared on Makeup and Beauty Blog | Makeup Reviews, Swatches and How-To Makeup.

from Makeup and Beauty Blog | Makeup Reviews, Swatches and How-To Makeup http://www.makeupandbeautyblog.com/product-reviews/maybelline-24k-nudes-eyeshadow-palette-happy-new-year/
Alt Source: Startifacts Nose Hair Trimmer

from
http://startifacts.tumblr.com/post/155219197089

No comments:

Post a Comment