Sunday 25 December 2016

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas, everyone! πŸŽ…πŸŽπŸŽ„

Sending you a huge, heartfelt hug. I hope you’re having a joyous holiday right now. I can hardly believe that another year is coming to a close and we’re celebrating another Christmas together. I think this is our tenth!

You guys…this was a big year in my corner of the world, and you were my sisters from another mister. Honestly…I didn’t know sh*t! I had no idea what I was doing during Ms. Connor Claire’s big debut and the months right after it (still don’t).

Like the Fisher Price Rocking Chair?? Would have never known about it if it weren’t for you. I would have been crawling around in the dark in tears the entire nine months without your help. The eight weeks before Connor was born and the three months after were some of the most exciting and terrifying of my life, and I thank my lucky stars for you, because I would have been… I’m gettin’ teary… I would have been a freaking mess.

All of you, thank you from the bottom of my heart. πŸ’–

Like Tatiana — you virtually held my hand and reassured me that, yes, it was gonna be hard, but things would be alright. And my friend snoopysteph from Chicago, who I met years ago through the blog, she’s a mom of two, and she checked up on me every few weeks to see how things were going during my pregnancy. I’d say, “I’m fine,” but then I’d usually start crying.

So many of you…

Thank you, Jen, Adia, Anna, Marcella, Carolina, Jessica and Nicole — thank you, girls, for your kindness, your company and your brilliant beauty posts after Connor was born. I hope you got something helpful and rewarding out of the internship, and I hope we stay in touch.

My beauty priorities have changed over the past year. I mean, I still appreciate eyes on fleek, multiple colors in the crease and blending that just knocks your socks off, but it’s just that…baby’s gotta eat every three hours. 😊 I don’t have as much time as I used to, and I’m in a minimalist makeup phase now. I’ll still do a smoky eye, but maybe it’s not a 15-step smoky eye. Maybe it’s a three-step smoky eye now.

That’s one of the things I love about makeup: it evolves, and we evolve with it. Like…not to get too deep on you.

As I sit here, I cannot believe I’ve done this (blogging) for 10 years. Honestly, I don’t know if I’m gonna be doing it for 10 more, but we’ll see what happens. I just want you to know that over the next year and the years after, I hope that we’re friends, that we stay in touch, and that we get to talk to each other, whether it be every day, like I do with some of you, or maybe once a week or once a month. I hope that I get to be one of the lucky people who gets to hear about the good things that happen to you. Thank you for being a part of my life.

Merry, merry, merry, merry Christmas from the bottom of my painted heart, and have an amazing 2017. This is going to be our year to shine. 😊

Your friendly neighborhood beauty addicts,

Karen, Connor Claire and Tabs


The post, “Merry Christmas,” first appeared on Makeup and Beauty Blog | Makeup Reviews, Swatches and How-To Makeup.

from Makeup and Beauty Blog | Makeup Reviews, Swatches and How-To Makeup http://www.makeupandbeautyblog.com/just-for-fun/merry-christmas-4/
Alt Source: Startifacts Nose Hair Trimmer

from
http://startifacts.tumblr.com/post/154935700084

No comments:

Post a Comment