Friday 30 December 2016

Maybelline Color Sensational Inti-Matte Nudes Lipstick

maybelline color sensational inti matte nudes 555 naked coral

Wearing $8 Maybelline Color Sensational Inti-Matte Lipstick in 555 Naked Coral

You know you grew up in earthquake country when you see some new nude lipsticks from Maybelline and, instead of thinking something normal like, “Ooh! I can’t wait to wear them with smoky eyes!” you think of your worst earthquake nightmare scenario, which involves being buck naked in the shower and completely covered in soap when the big one hits.

(Another one of my nightmare earthquake scenarios involves being in the middle of getting Lasik surgery when an earthquake hits. Sit on that one for a bit.)

Ah… Another day, another glorious excuse to wear nude lipstick. You know how I roll. 🙂 And these Color Sensational Inti-Matte Nudes Lipsticks by Maybelline are so much naked lip loveliness.

maybelline color sensational inti matte nudes swatches

From top to bottom, swatches of six of the 10 Maybelline Color Sensational Inti-Matte Lipsticks: 575 Brown Blush, 565 Almond Rose, 55 Naked Coral, 545 Beige Babe, 535 Purely Nude and 530 Hot Sand

All of them have a warm, golden undertone, and their silky, creamy matte finish reminds me of Chanel… What doesn’t remind me of Chanel is their price. They’re only $7.99 each.

You have to be cool with a somewhat cloying buttercream frosting flavor and scent, which I’m totally OK with most of the time, but sometimes, like when I’m in that part of my cycle and my sense of smell goes into next-level basset hound gear, it makes me nauseous… It’s still not a deal-breaker for me, though, because I love the price, the wear time (I get about four hours), the lightweight formula and how they feel on my lips.

I’m all about Naked Coral (Haha, I can hear you saying, “Of course you are, Karen.” LOL!). It’s a warm pinkish coral that reads as “nude” on my medium tan skin.

OK, so…remember that Trader Joe’s Pecan Pie in a Jar?

trader joes pecan pie in a jar

Well, I made it last week for Christmas Eve dinner and, sadly, it was not all that.

Thank goodness there was a backup pie from Costco. 🙂 (Side note: Whose family always has a backup pie? Answer: My family does.)

I mean, the jar pie was incredibly easy to make. I just used one of those pre-made Pilsbury pie crusts, then poured the mix into a bowl, added butter and eggs, poured it all into the pie crust, and stuck it in the oven.

So it was easy, which was good, but it was just pure sweetness without a lot of flavor. I don’t think I’m gonna do it again… I think I’ll just head straight to Costco next year and get one of their bomb-@ss pecan pies, because I think their desserts are generally always good.

Big sigh… It’ll be a whole year before I have another slice of pecan pie. It’s just a holiday treat for me, and I’m OK with that.

What are some holiday desserts and snacks that you only eat this time of year?

Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,

Karen

P.S. We’re gettin’ close! What are you doing for New Year’s Eve? I’m pretty sure I’ll be watching the ball drop with Tabs.


The post, “Maybelline Color Sensational Inti-Matte Nudes Lipstick,” first appeared on Makeup and Beauty Blog | Makeup Reviews, Swatches and How-To Makeup.

from Makeup and Beauty Blog | Makeup Reviews, Swatches and How-To Makeup http://www.makeupandbeautyblog.com/product-reviews/maybelline-color-sensational-inti-matte-nudes-lipstick/
Alt Source: Startifacts Nose Hair Trimmer

from
http://startifacts.tumblr.com/post/155170254879

No comments:

Post a Comment