Friday 12 August 2016

A Beauty Improv Tip to Eek Out the Last Few Drops From Your Favorite Skin Care Bottles

kate-somerville-anti-bac

If you must know, yes, I knew it was coming. The moment was weeks in the making.

Still, there I was, once again, standing half-dressed in the middle of my bathroom and desperately pressing the pump on my now empty bottle of Kate Somerville Anti Bac Clearing Lotion. Surprise!

I thought for sure there’d be one more pump left in there…

Does that ever happen to you?

It happens to me all the time, especially with skin care that I love and use over and over again, like Kate’s Anti Bac Lotion (I LOVE that stuff; it completely changed my skin!). I can’t stand throwing away the empty bottles because I think there’s always a chance I’ll be able to coax out at least one more precious drop if I ever absolutely need to.

What I usually end up doing is what I did this morning, also know as “beauty improv.” I grabbed a Q-tip, broke it in half, then unscrewed the Kate Somerville bottle and, using the side of one of the Q-tip halves (one of the broken ends without the cotton), I scooped out a good enough-sized dollop of lotion from the inside of the cap and the mouth of the bottle.

Whenever I do this, I can usually squeeze out at least two or three last uses from a bottle that I might have otherwise thrown away.

You know how it is. Gotta get every last drop. 🙂

Happy Friday!!!

Ah, the sweet relief, babe… Happy Friday! I’m sorry I’ve been MIA this week, but it’s that secret squirrel project I keep talking about… It’s taking a lot of my time, but it’s gonna be great. I’ll have something official to announce about it in less than a week. I think you’re going to love it.

I hope you did something fun this week. Even though I spent most of the week running around like a cray-cray kitty, I did manage to watch some of the Olympics and, um…can I just say how amazing Olympic athletes are to me? All of the years of hard work, discipline and dedication coming down to a single moment…

Simone Biles is my everything right meow. The grace, the athleticism, and that glitter liner she rocked along her lower lash line during the Women’s All-Around? I swear it looked like Urban Decay’s Heavy Metal Glitter Liner in Midnight Cowboy… LOVE it!

Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,

Karen


The post, “A Beauty Improv Tip to Eek Out the Last Few Drops From Your Favorite Skin Care Bottles,” first appeared on Makeup and Beauty Blog | Makeup Reviews, Swatches and How-To Makeup.

from Makeup and Beauty Blog | Makeup Reviews, Swatches and How-To Makeup http://www.makeupandbeautyblog.com/makeup-tipshow-to/beauty-improv-tip-use-last-drops-skincare-bottles/
Alt Source: Startifacts Nose Hair Trimmer

from
http://startifacts.tumblr.com/post/148846459154

No comments:

Post a Comment