Tuesday 23 August 2016

Layer Glitter on Top of Shiny Liquid Liner for Wicked Wings (Oh, and ConnorClaire.com Clue #2)

Winged liner gives me wings! (and there’s another clue in this pic about connorclaire.com…)

Winged liner gives me wings! This is clue #2 for connorclaire.com

Oh, winged liner… If this had been 1988, I would have put you on the mix tape I made by recording songs off the radio.

I love you. 💖💓💞

You’re so eternally chic, and you make me feel juuust rock ‘n’ roll enough to hang out with Stephanie Seymour during the height of her Guns N’ Roses phase.

urban decay deep end 2

But because womankind cannot subsist on black winged liner alone, sometimes I like to remix that ish by layering a glittery eyeshadow on top of a super shiny liquid liner to reach the next level of winged liner realness.

Truer words were never spoken...

Truer words were never spoken… (source: connorclaire.com)

This time I started by drawing an exaggerated wing with Urban Decay Razor Sharp Liquid Liner in Deep End, a deep, iridescent green chorus of long-haired headbangers belting a power ballad, upon which I layered a mix of two of the Urban Decay Moondust shades from the new Moondust Eyeshadow Palette on top.

First, I dabbed my angled brush into the pan of bright green Lightyear, then took it over to teal green Galaxy. Then I spritzed the loaded brush head with Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray to crank up the glitter EVEN MOAR. Then I just layered that on top of the liner.

After that, I tightlined both my upper and lower water lines with an old-school (and, sadly, limited edition) dark greenish black called Mars, one of UD’s 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencils.

On my lips I'm wearing NARS Audacious Lipstick in Stefania and on my cheeks I'm wearing Hourglass Lighting Bronzer in Radiant Bronze Light and Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blushes in Luminous Flush and Incandescent Electra

Wearing NARS Audacious Lipstick in Stefania on my lips, and Hourglass Lighting Bronzer in Radiant Bronze Light and Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush in Luminous Flush and Incandescent Electra on my cheeks

A couple things to keep in mind when you’re layering glitter on top of liner like this… First, you don’t have to go matchy-matchy with the liner and glitter. If you find two somewhat related colors, like a jewel-toned blue liner and a jewel-toned green glitter, that would totally work too. Experiment — because you never know what you’ll come up with. Sure, sometimes it’ll be a hot mess, but who cares? Sometimes you’ll also come up with something incredibly cool.

urban decay deep end

Second, if you do your foundation, concealer and face powder before applying the glittery shadow and end up with some fallout on your cheeks and under your eyes, don’t worry. You can MacGyver that sh*t.

Just wrap a few inches of tape around the handle of a brush with the sticky side facing out, and voila! — improv glitter grabber/pet hair remover. 🙂 Gently roll that on top of your skin to pick up any stray flecks.

Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,

Karen


The post, “Layer Glitter on Top of Shiny Liquid Liner for Wicked Wings (Oh, and ConnorClaire.com Clue #2),” first appeared on Makeup and Beauty Blog | Makeup Reviews, Swatches and How-To Makeup.

from Makeup and Beauty Blog | Makeup Reviews, Swatches and How-To Makeup http://www.makeupandbeautyblog.com/cosmetics/winged-liner/
Alt Source: Startifacts Nose Hair Trimmer

from
http://startifacts.tumblr.com/post/149387939959

No comments:

Post a Comment