Monday 1 August 2016

Makeup and Beauty Blog Monday Poll, Vol. 434

081016-monday-poll-pic

You might be wondering, “So what in tarnation is this Monday Poll thing anyway!?”

Well, it isn’t exactly a poll. It’s more of a constantly evolving (devolving?), somewhat random list of questions I’ve been putting out to readers every Monday morning for the past NINE (!) years. (It’s like a kickstart for your brain.) I’ve always enjoyed reading your answers in the comments, and I hope you enjoy reading mine.

  1. What’s the coolest thing about your hometown?
    The diversity. Union City is a melting pot of different cultures, and I never realized just how cool it was until I left. On my parents’ street there are Filipino families, European families, Indian families, Vietnamese families, Mexican families — and high school was like that too. So many different people. There’s just a lot of diversity in a small place.
  2. How do you feel about buffets?
    I’m a big fan. But the food has to be good, though. I’m not about going to buffets just for the sake of eating massive amounts of food. I’m very picky about my buffets.

    The Bellagio buffet in Las Vegas? Mwah! Perfection. So much good food. Crab legs and lobster and caviar and so many desserts! I can’t even… Thinking about it makes me tear up a little.

    They have a dessert island with special chefs who can make you a dessert right then and there. It’s magical.

  3. What’s something that drives you nuts?
    When my toenails are too long and I can feel them bumping up against the inside of my shoes…

    Ugh! I can’t take it.

    But when I finally win the lottery and hire my in-house beauty team like Mariah Carey’s, I won’t have to worry about that anymore. I’ll just get up in the morning, roll on down to the beauty salon after feeding Connor, and trained professionals will do my makeup and my hair and give me a manicure and a pedicure.

    This would be after the massage, of course, because there would also be a spa. Then I’d be ready to face the day! 🙂

  4. What was your favorite class in school and why?
    I loved English literature because I really love to read, and it felt like I was getting away with murder. All we had to do was read a book, answer some questions about it and maybe write a little… That’s not school. That’s fun!
  5. What’s something nice someone did for you that you’ll never forget as long as you live?
    I know it’s small and kind of ridiculous, but I went to Old Navy a few weeks ago because I couldn’t fit into any of my summer clothes, and I was kind of depressed about it. I needed some new shorts, and when I was paying for them, the salesgirl said that she thought I looked very beautiful that day, and it made me feel a little better.

    Sometimes the most memorable moments are about timing more than anything else.

monday-poll-le-list-spring-2016

Your turn. 🙂 Just copy and paste the following questions into a comment with your answers. I look forward to reading ’em!

1. What’s the coolest thing about your hometown?
2. How do you feel about buffets?
3. What’s something that drives you nuts?
4. What was your favorite class in school and why?
5. What’s something nice someone did for you that you’ll never forget as long as you live?

Good morning, glory! It’s Monday morning. A fresh week and a fresh start. The trip to Redding was fun but very hot. Of course. I think it hit 112 one day, LOL! That’s Redding, for ya.

Have a wonderful day, my friend. I’ll talk to you soon.

Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,

Karen


The post, “Makeup and Beauty Blog Monday Poll, Vol. 434,” first appeared on Makeup and Beauty Blog | Makeup Reviews, Swatches and How-To Makeup.

from Makeup and Beauty Blog | Makeup Reviews, Swatches and How-To Makeup http://www.makeupandbeautyblog.com/just-for-fun/makeup-beauty-blog-monday-poll-vol-434/
Alt Source: Startifacts Nose Hair Trimmer

from
http://startifacts.tumblr.com/post/148302923834

No comments:

Post a Comment