Thursday 25 August 2016

Righteous Red Kat Von D Beauty Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in Project Chimps

kat von d project chimps

NOTE: If you ever wear gorgeous matte red Kat Von D Beauty Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in Project Chimps, please try to rein in your compulsive urge to rub your lips together…

Because I wore this limited edition $20 lippie to run some errands yesterday (Target for canned goods and some baby stuff and Trader Joe’s for groceries), and at some point between leaving the house, running my errands and returning home, I must have rubbed my lips together, because I had red smudged all around my pout and effectively looked like the freakin’ Joker.

DUDE! It was like Halloween had arrived waaaaay too early.

But at least I know now why the Target clerk was looking at me funny when I smiled at him… Haha!

The worst part, though, was that El Hub was with me the entire time and didn’t say a damned thing!

I don’t know if he was secretly laughing on the inside, or if he’s just so used to me looking like a crazy person…

The jury’s still out on that one.

kat von d project chimps k

So, yeah, if you can manage to NOT rub your lips together when you wear Project Chimps, you should be good, because other than that, it’s a righteous red.

It’s a rusty, long-wearing matte red that applies like a gloss but dries to a matte finish.

One of my big issues with most liquid lipsticks is how drying they are. After a few hours wearing one, my lips look like I swapped them out with a prune that has seen better days (you know it’s true, though!).

But Project Chimps stays smooth and doesn’t separate, even after five hours…as long as I don’t rub my lips together.

A matte red liquid lipstick is always a good thing to have around (especially one that’s as easy to apply and looks as rockin’ in pics as Project Chimps), but one that also helps a good cause, like limited edition Project Chimps does, is even better.

Project Chimps is also the name of the nonprofit organization that every tube goes to support. Every time Project Chimps Lipstick is purchased, 20% of the retail price goes directly to the organization, which works to stop the use of chimps in biomedical research, and retire them to a life of freedom and sanctuary.

kat von d project chimps swatch

The Everlasting Liquid Lipsticks are also vegan and, like all Kat Von D Beauty products, aren’t tested on animals.

Limited edition Kat Von D Project Chimps Everlasting Liquid Lipstick is available now at Sephora stores and sephora.com.

Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,

Karen


The post, “Righteous Red Kat Von D Beauty Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in Project Chimps,” first appeared on Makeup and Beauty Blog | Makeup Reviews, Swatches and How-To Makeup.

from Makeup and Beauty Blog | Makeup Reviews, Swatches and How-To Makeup http://www.makeupandbeautyblog.com/product-reviews/kat-von-d-beauty-project-chimps-everlasting-liquid-lipstick/
Alt Source: Startifacts Nose Hair Trimmer

from
http://startifacts.tumblr.com/post/149467758024

No comments:

Post a Comment