Saturday 27 August 2016

The MAC Taraji P. Henson Collection

mac taraji p henson

Someone in the makeup world finally came to their senses and did a collab with Taraji P. Henson.

Good morning, glory! Happy Caturday. I hope you slept well. 🙂

So, honey. HUH-KNEE. I haven’t watched Empire in ages (I dunno what happened… I think it just got too redonk for me, and I had to peace-the-heck out), but that show will be forever ingrained in my mind as the magical, mystical place where the world discovered the hurricane of fierce that is Taraji P. Henson.

If I could only channel a tenth of Cookie’s sass and attitude into my fingertips, I could rule the world! (Or at least get a handle on my condo.)

I think Taraji’s awesome. Yeah, she’s gorgeous (those cheekbones and lips, WOW), but I also read that she didn’t get her big acting break until later in life. She just kept working and reaching for the stars.

And now she has her own MAC collection.

TARAJI-P-HENSON_CMYK_300

Yes, someone somewhere is doing the cabbage patch.

Oh, wait — that someone is me, and it’s happening right here in my office chair, RIGHT AT THIS MOMENT!

With six pieces, half of them new and half of them re-promotes from the permanent line, the collection is on the smaller side…

I know, I would’ve preferred a 20-piece Taraji collection with all new things instead, but let’s see what we’ve got…

mac highlight the truth

MAC Mineralize Skin Finish Natural in Highlight the Truth ($33)

mac taraji glow

MAC Mineralize Skin Finish Natural in Taraji Glow ($33)

Among the new pieces, it’s all about the two Mineralize Skinfinishes ($33 each) in Taraji Glow and Highlight the Truth for me.

On my NC42 skin, Highlight the Truth looks like a peachy coral with golden shimmer, and Taraji Glow looks like a peachy coral with pink shimmer.

mac taraji p henson

Wearing Highlight the Truth, Taraji Glow and Strip Me Down Lipstick

I don’t know if it’s just a weird trick of the light in my house, but both of them appear pretty similar in swatches side by side… When I apply them on my cheeks, though, Taraji Glow POPS more than Highlight the Truth, and I bet it’s because of the former’s pinkish pearl.

Taraji Glow’s finish looks shinier and more pronounced to me, so it seems more dramatic. If you’re looking for a bolder highlight from something in the collection, that’s the way to go.

Both are super pretty, though. It’s hard to choose which one I like better…but I’d probably go with Taraji Glow, because with the pink in the mix, it could double as a highlighter and a blush.

mac taraji p henson lipstick

MAC Taraji P. Henson Matte Lipstick in Strip Me Down ($17)

Strip Me Down Lipstick is NOT playin’. It’s a deep matte beige with, like, a ’90s-style matte finish, so it’s very flat and doesn’t reflect any light whatsoever. It should look lovely as a nude on medium and dark skin tones, but the formula is unforgiving… It’s on the drier side, and after wearing it for about 45 minutes, my vertical lip lines take center stage at Coachella.

Hrmph.

mac taraji p henson

MAC Taraji P. Henson swatches from the left: Highlight the Truth, Taraji Glow and Strip Me Down

Look for the MAC Taraji P. Henson collection on the MAC website starting September 6 and at select MAC stores and counters September 8.

September…

Can you believe it’s already September? Where’d the summer go?!

Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,

Karen

P.S. Taraji, if you’re reading this, let’s kick it sometime. I feel like you’d get my jokes.

Granted, most of them are super corny, but I think you’d totally get the refs. My door’s always open if you want to split a bottle of rosé and watch Gilmore Girls.

I’m just sayin’. 🙂


The post, “The MAC Taraji P. Henson Collection,” first appeared on Makeup and Beauty Blog | Makeup Reviews, Swatches and How-To Makeup.

from Makeup and Beauty Blog | Makeup Reviews, Swatches and How-To Makeup http://www.makeupandbeautyblog.com/mac-makeup/mac-taraji-p-henson/
Alt Source: Startifacts Nose Hair Trimmer

from
http://startifacts.tumblr.com/post/149557036429

No comments:

Post a Comment