Saturday 6 August 2016

The Day in Beauty Vol. 26: A Wide-Toothed Comb, Thai Basil Chicken and a 90210 Flashback

My BFF these days

My BFF these days…

This, my friend, is my new BFF.

It’s a pink wide-toothed comb that I got from Sephora a while back, and I’ve been using it lately because…my hair is falling out. I’m at that postpartum point, and even though I was expecting it to happen, it’s still been a shock.

It’s weird cleaning out the shower drain after a shower and finding big clumps of hair, and when I put my hair back into a ponytail before going for a run, I can feel how much thinner it is.

I posted about it on Facebook last week, and several girls mentioned taking pre-natal vitamins and eating a balanced diet with lots of protein, so I’m doing both. And I also read that using a wide-toothed comb and being really gentle when you wash your hair can help.

I don’t know if you’ve ever experienced any kind of hair loss, but if you have any suggestions — anything you’ve found helpful (or not so helpful) — please let me know in the comments. I’d really appreciate it.

Speaking of getting enough protein…

I made this Thai basil chicken dish the other day, and I wish I’d stopped to take a picture of it, but I was too ravenous at the time, so I wolfed it all down in 2.5 minutes!

I’m salivating just sitting here thinking about it. 🙂

Have you heard of skinnytaste.com? That’s where I got the recipe.

I LOVE that girl’s website. Her name is Gina, and I’ve made at least a dozen of her recipes. They’re always healthy and delicious and pretty easy to make (the ingredients are stuff you can find at any grocery store).

Basil is my favorite herb

Basil = my favorite herb

Seriously, the Thai basil chicken blew my cat lady socks off. It tasted as good as something from a Thai restaurant, and it came together quicker than it would’ve taken me to actually order takeout and pick it up.

I already had the ingredients in my kitchen except for one of them, the serrano chili, so I substituted red pepper flakes instead.

Try it sometime!

In other news…

I’m still on a ’90s kick, which might have something to do with all of the matte brown lipsticks all over the place, and probably also has something to do with that I love the ’90s concert I went to a couple weeks ago.

Anyway, do you you remember this song by Jeremy Jordan from the Beverly Hills 90210 (the O.G. version!) soundtrack? It’s called The Right Kind of Love

My buddy Marisol and I listened to the soundtrack on the drive home from that concert. I hadn’t heard it in years, but I still remember the words! Amazing.

Do you remember this guy? I was super obsessed with him for a while there, haha.

Thank goodness today is Saturday, because girl! — I’m exhausted. Today I’m just really looking forward to painting my toes, which are in desperate need of some TLC, and seeing my parents. They’re coming over for a visit.

I hope you’re doing something fun. Talk soon, ‘k?

Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,

Karen


The post, “The Day in Beauty Vol. 26: A Wide-Toothed Comb, Thai Basil Chicken and a 90210 Flashback,” first appeared on Makeup and Beauty Blog | Makeup Reviews, Swatches and How-To Makeup.

from Makeup and Beauty Blog | Makeup Reviews, Swatches and How-To Makeup http://www.makeupandbeautyblog.com/just-for-fun/postpartum-hair-loss/
Alt Source: Startifacts Nose Hair Trimmer

from
http://startifacts.tumblr.com/post/148547615604

No comments:

Post a Comment