Tuesday 2 August 2016

Creamy, Coco-Nutty Full-Coverage Too Faced Born This Way Concealer

too faced born this way concealer

Too Faced Born This Way Concealer ($28)

Apparently, my mind is in the gutter, because for the longest time I mistakenly thought that this Too Faced concealer was actually named Better Than Sex Concealer, and not Born This Way Concealer, HAHA!

And, of course, because of that, I thought, “How can a concealer be better than sex? I don’t even know… Then again, a good concealer can be pretty darned orgasmic…” LOL! Yeah. Dirty birdy.

Born This Way, which came out early this summer, is $28 and available in 10 shades.

Like some other Too Faced products, it contains skin-friendly ingredients, like coconut water (it has a very faint coconut scent too) and hyaluronic acid, which, Too Faced says, makes it more moisturizing and helps promote a smoother, more youthful appearance.

Truth be told…I can never tell for sure if skincare ingredients make much of a difference when they show up in my makeup, but homegirl does need all the help she can get.

too faced born this way swatches

Born This Way is a full-coverage concealer and feels like a fluffy mousse. Right off the bat, the consistency, the smoothing formula and the coverage remind me of NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer, which was my errrything for many years, and I still love it.

too faced born this way swatches

But I absolutely have to set Born This Way with powder, which I don’t have to do with NARS Radiant Creamy, because if I don’t, the smooth, creamy formula scoots around… I think it might be right on the borderline, just on the edge of a tad too creamy for my combination skin. And sometimes, even when I do set it with a powder, it still shifts and settles into my fine lines a little more than I’d like.

If you don’t have to worry about fine lines, LUCKY! — you can probably pull it off. For me, though, I’ll probably have to stick to the big guns, like my current tried-and-true concealer love, Sephora Bright Future Gel Concealer. My eyes turn into emoji hearts whenever I touch the tube. 😍

Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,

Karen


The post, “Creamy, Coco-Nutty Full-Coverage Too Faced Born This Way Concealer,” first appeared on Makeup and Beauty Blog | Makeup Reviews, Swatches and How-To Makeup.

from Makeup and Beauty Blog | Makeup Reviews, Swatches and How-To Makeup http://www.makeupandbeautyblog.com/product-reviews/too-faced-born-this-way-concealer-review/
Alt Source: Startifacts Nose Hair Trimmer

from
http://startifacts.tumblr.com/post/148357090909

No comments:

Post a Comment