Tuesday 27 September 2016

A Close Call

novato-fire-sept-26

So…something scary happened last night. There was a big fire on the ridge across the street from our house!

Right after I took this pic, big flames shot up the hill. Needless to say, I freaked freak out a little.

El Hub started hosing down the roof and the trees and the hill outside, while I…well, I ate an apple.

Yeah, that goes to show how useful I am in stressful situations, LOL!

Maybe I was subconsciously carbo-loading for what I thought would be a long night ahead…

We started preparing to be evacuated, which has happened to some of the neighborhoods in the Bay Area lately because of wildfires. I pulled the cat carrier out of the closet, called my parents to let them know what was up, and made an odd mental list of things I’d need to grab before running out the door, like the baby (of course), Tabs, the backup drives, my personal documents and a box of keepsakes and mementos I’ve had since I was a kid.

I also came to the humbling realization that I really have no control over anything. In my mind, I like to think that I’m in control of my life and the things that happen in it, but if those flames had turned our way, I wouldn’t have been able to do anything about it.

It was very scary.

We found out later that it was a two-alarm vegetation fire. Dozens of homes were evacuated, but luckily there were no injuries, and no homes were destroyed.

That was a close one!

Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,

Karen


The post, “A Close Call,” first appeared on Makeup and Beauty Blog | Makeup Reviews, Swatches and How-To Makeup.

from Makeup and Beauty Blog | Makeup Reviews, Swatches and How-To Makeup http://www.makeupandbeautyblog.com/daily-photo/a-close-call/
Alt Source: Startifacts Nose Hair Trimmer

from
http://startifacts.tumblr.com/post/151035888369

No comments:

Post a Comment