Saturday 17 September 2016

I Find Myself Asking the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Edit Palette in Surreal Light If We’ve Met Before…

I love a cat with marbled sides.

And I also love marbled packaging.

hourglass surreal light palette

The new $80 Hourglass Surreal Light Ambient Lighting Palette comes dressed to impress in an elegant marbled compact which, by the way, looks a lot like the kitchen of my dreams in my dream house.

When I finally win the lottery, I’m going to point to a pic of this palette and say, “Please do this for my counters, OKTHANXBAI.”

hourglass surreal light palette

The Hourglass Surreal Light Palette in my paw for scale

Please note that I said “pic of this palette,” because I don’t plan to keep it around…since it’s going back to Sephora.

Yup, I purchased it when it was pre-released early on the Sephora website for VIB members last week, and even though I love how it looks on the outside, well…

hourglass surreal light palette

A closeup of the pans

Let’s me just start by saying that I’m a HUGE Hourglass fan, particular when it comes to their Ambient Powders. I’ve been loving them and wearing them for years, and I still wear the Ambient face powders, highlighters, bronzers and blushes on the daily, because you just can’t find finishes that nuanced anywhere else.

If you like makeup that doesn’t look heavy or overdone, the Ambient powders will get you there. Their fine, silky face powders set the bar.

hourglass surreal light palette swatches

Swatches of the Hourglass Surreal Light Palette

I was looking forward to this palette’s five new Ambient powder shades — a finishing powder (0.14 ounces), a bronzer, two blushes and a highlighter (0.04 ounces each) — but, unfortunately, most of ’em just don’t do it for brown girls.

Despite being billed as universally flattering, most of these shades, with the exception of the blush in Surreal Glow (which looks like the Hourglass Radiant Magenta Blush that already lives in my makeup bag), don’t show up well on my MAC NC42 skin.

The finishing powder and bronzer are both a tad too light for me, and the other shades don’t really seem unique enough, considering the price.

hourglass surreal light palette swatches

For comparison — shades similar to the Finishing Powder in Surreal Light

I think the formulas and finishes are definitely up to Hourglass standards…but if you’ve been collecting Hourglass products for a while, there’s a good chance you already have similar shades. When I compare a swatch of Surreal Light to some existing shades from the line, they look very similar…

hourglass surreal light palette swatches

Comparison swatches of the Surreal Palette Blush (Surreal Glow) with Radiant Magenta and Luminous Flush

Also…

hourglass surreal light palette swatches

Yup…more comparison swatches!

hourglass surreal light palette swatches

Comparison swatches of Surreal Powder in Surreal Strobe Light and Radiant Light

Even though Surreal Light doesn’t really do it for me, the Hourglass quality is there. I can still wholeheartedly recommend it for lighter lasses who are new to the Hourglass line, but hardcore Hourglass fans (can I get an amen?) might want to save their tacos for a future purchase if they already have a collection of Ambient powders at home.

Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,

Karen


The post, “I Find Myself Asking the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Edit Palette in Surreal Light If We’ve Met Before…,” first appeared on Makeup and Beauty Blog | Makeup Reviews, Swatches and How-To Makeup.

from Makeup and Beauty Blog | Makeup Reviews, Swatches and How-To Makeup http://www.makeupandbeautyblog.com/product-reviews/hourglass-ambient-lighting-edit-palette-in-surreal-light/
Alt Source: Startifacts Nose Hair Trimmer

from
http://startifacts.tumblr.com/post/150525571689

No comments:

Post a Comment