Tuesday 13 September 2016

My Hair Wants to Run Wild and Free! — and I’m Cool With That

bumble and bumble surf infusion

Gonna let this hair run wild and free!

Sleek and structured is fun sometimes, especially when you get a new set of bangs, but I’ve realized that my hair wants to figuratively go where the wild things are, so if it wants to naturally go wavy and run free, I’m totally down.

For the wavy, “wild thing” look in these pics, I used two beachy wave products from Bumble and Bumble.

I started by washing my hair and drying it with my trusty Aquis Hair Towel.

Then I sprayed Bumble and Bumble Surf Infusion ($29) on it from mid-shaft to the ends before letting my hair air dry.

Surf Infusion has been around a while. It’s similar to the O.G. Bumble and Bumble Surf Spray for beachy waves, but instead of giving your hair a matte finish with waves that have a slightly crunchy texture, it leaves a sheen and coaxes your hair into waves that are soft to the touch.

To use it, spray it on damp hair, and let it air dry to do its thang.

bumble and bumble surf infusion

For this look, after my hair completely “air dried,” I created the loose waves on the top layers with a ghd Classic Curl Iron. Then I sprayed Bumble and Bumble Surf Foam Spray Blow Dry on top for texture and used my fingers to softly scrunch the product through the top layers.

This was my first time using the Surf Foam Spray. It’s a newish product (I think it came out earlier this summer), and it’s a hybrid spray mousse/beach waves spray for volume and texture. You’re supposed to spray it on wet hair, then blow it dry, but I was feeling creative, so I sprayed it on dry hair instead.

Even though I didn’t use it the way you’re supposed to, I still like the results, especially after using the curling iron, because the spray lifted the wavy curls and defined them without leaving them feeling crunchy, so they could run wild and free!

Speaking of wild things (hello, lazy transitions)…I’ve been listening to this song by Alessia Cara (she’s a Canadian pop singer) on repeat since last weekend. It’s my current hair anthem.

I’ve liked the handful of her songs I’ve heard, and I just found out that she’s performing in SF next month. I kinda-sorta want to go…but then I’m like, “Her set probably won’t start until 10 p.m., and that’s when my body needs to be asleep. So I’ll just watch her videos on Youtube…”

HAHAH! Welcome to #momlife.

Actually, let’s get real… Even before Connor came along, I was like that when it comes to concerts. I think it would be different, though, if I were taller and could actually see the stage. I’d probably be more motivated to go to shows, stay up late and dance the night away.

Someone needs to invent concert booster chairs for smaller peeps…

Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,

Karen


The post, “My Hair Wants to Run Wild and Free! — and I’m Cool With That,” first appeared on Makeup and Beauty Blog | Makeup Reviews, Swatches and How-To Makeup.

from Makeup and Beauty Blog | Makeup Reviews, Swatches and How-To Makeup http://www.makeupandbeautyblog.com/hair/hair-wild-and-free/
Alt Source: Startifacts Nose Hair Trimmer

from
http://startifacts.tumblr.com/post/150357300429

No comments:

Post a Comment