Thursday 29 September 2016

MAC Unsung Heroes: Pro Longwear Waterproof Colour Stick in Lilacked

What’s an unsung makeup hero? For me, it’s an oftentimes underrated makeup morsel, a permanent collection product that scoots under the radar screen of many makeup lovers but regularly rocks my world. The long-running Unsung Heroes series features some of my favorites.

Honestly, why doesn’t all makeup come in sticks? It would make my life waaaaay easier.

This is my new favorite thing in the whole wide world — even though I’m pretty sure I say that all the time.

Sorry. 🙂

It’s MAC Pro Longwear Waterproof Colour Stick in Lilacked, and it’s $22 and part of the permanent line.

The Colour Sticks are stick versions of the MAC Pro Longwear Paint Pots (ones I love: Constructivist, Soft Ochre and Bare Study).

SO MANY brands make their own cream shadows sticks, but MAC’s are some of my favorites, and I like them for a couple of reasons. First, there’s obviously the colors. There’s a wide range, but I don’t have anything else quite like Lilacked in my collection.

It’s a peachy golden lilac, kind of like if MAC Satin Taupe Eye Shadow had a makeup baby with MAC Woodwinked, and then that baby grew up and got together with NARS Lhasa and popped out another makeup baby…

Granted, that’s a lot of makeup babies.

mac-lilacked-1

I like the consistency and the way it feels, too, because most cream shadow sticks are either super thick and hard to push around on my lids, or they’re too thin and slippery and hard to control. They just end up all over the place.

The MAC Pro Longwear Sticks, on the other hand, feel just right, and I can put them exactly where I want, which avoids one of my big struggles with eyeshadow, which is when I put something on my lids and it goes all over the place, and before you know it you’ve got, like, shimmery black eyeshadow from your lash lines up to your eyebrows.

They also last. I can put them on in the morning, and they’re still going strong at night.

I think that Lilacked looks lovely all by itself or with a little liner, but you can also layer it under other eyeshadows. My favorite combo is with Lilacked on my lids, and then I mix a bit of MAC Woodwinked and MAC Wedge on the same brush (just swirl the same brush in both pans). Then I blend that on top of Lilacked. It’s good stuff.

If you wear MAC All That Glitters, Saddle, Mulch, Amber Lights, Woodwinked, Satin Taupe, Wedge or Soft Brown, you’ll love Lilacked for layering.

PRICE: $22
AVAILABILITY: Available now in the MAC permanent line
MAKEUP AND BEAUTY BLOG RATING: A

Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,

Karen

The MAC Unsung Heroes series (a subset of my regular Unsung Makeup Heroes series) features some of my all-time favorite products from MAC’s permanent collection

If you’re looking for permanent collection ideas or inspiration, there are literally hundreds of unsung makeup heroes posts in the MBB archives. These 20 are just the tip of the iceberg.


The post, “MAC Unsung Heroes: Pro Longwear Waterproof Colour Stick in Lilacked,” first appeared on Makeup and Beauty Blog | Makeup Reviews, Swatches and How-To Makeup.

from Makeup and Beauty Blog | Makeup Reviews, Swatches and How-To Makeup http://www.makeupandbeautyblog.com/mac-makeup/mac-lilacked-pro-longwear-waterproof-colour-stick/
Alt Source: Startifacts Nose Hair Trimmer

from
http://startifacts.tumblr.com/post/151115779949

No comments:

Post a Comment