Monday 12 September 2016

Makeup and Beauty Blog Monday Poll, Vol. 440

monday poll

I’ve got a thing for notebooks…

You might be wondering, “So what in tarnation is this Monday Poll thing anyway!?”

Well, it isn’t exactly a poll. It’s more of a constantly evolving (devolving?), somewhat random list of questions I’ve been putting out to readers every Monday morning for the past NINE (!) years. (It’s like a kickstart for your brain.) I’ve always enjoyed reading your answers in the comments, and I hope you enjoy reading mine.

  1. Last time you had a Pumpkin Spice Latte from Starbucks?
    Gawd, I love those things… I think the last one I had was in December. I know they’re already out there because I’ve seen people with them.

    I NEED to go get one soon! Wanna come with me? 😀☕️

  2. Last dream you remember?
    It was so weird!

    Are you ready for it?

    OK…I dreamt that Connor and I were hanging out at home on the couch, and I looked down at her knees and saw that she had a small patch of long, black wiry hairs (like from a wig at the bottom of the bargain bin at Party City) growing out of the side of her left knee.

    Then I started checking her and found more of these patches of stiff hairs that looked like plastic hair brush bristles growing between her toes and even from the bottom of her heel!

    What was even weirder? I wasn’t freaking out at all! Every time I found another patch of hair, I just thought, “How odd!” But I wasn’t panicked.

    It was so weird!

    Oh, and here’s another random thing: every time I have a dream with Connor, she’s always her current age. She’s never younger or older.

  3. Who was the last person you complimented, and what was the compliment?
    It was El Hub yesterday morning, and we were just waking up but still in bed. I gave him a big hug, squeezed his elbow and said, “Nice elbows.”

    LOL!

  4. Who was the last person you gave flowers to?
    My mom for Mother’s Day. Before that I sent my friend Jen a small bouquet when she was feeling blue and needed some cheering up.
  5. How are your brows today?
    They’re a touch unruly but not full-blown out of control. I need to do some cleanup plucking under my arches, and the longer bits in the outer tail could use a trim…

    Aren’t brows funny? Mine will seem perfectly fine for weeks, but then I’ll look in the mirror one day and see two long-haired Persian cat tails where my eyebrows are supposed to be! It’s crazy.

monday-poll-le-list-spring-2016

Your turn. 🙂 Just copy and paste the following questions into a comment with your answers. I look forward to reading ’em!

1. Last time you had a Pumpkin Spice Latte from Starbucks?
2. Last dream you remember?
3. Who was the last person you complimented, and what was the compliment?
4. Who was the last person you gave flowers to?
5. How are your brows today?

Happy Monday, sweet pea. Up and at ’em!

So I’m going through my four (!) favorite notebooks right now to figure out how to handle my day…

Yes, I have four favorite notebooks, because each one has a different purpose, like, the small kitty cat one helps me keep track of emails, and the 106 one with the black-and-white cats tracks something else.

I suppose I could track everything in a spreadsheet or using my phone, but there’s something about writing stuff down… It sticks in my brain better. Maybe I’m just old-school like that.

The latest addition to the family is the hot pink spiral-bound notebook, which is a replacement for a sparkly purple glitter notebook that Tabs threw up on the other day.

You know cats. Despite having a wide range of places upon which to barf that would be easy to clean (like the tiles in the hallway), they find your ONE REALLY IMPORTANT NOTEBOOK that has all of your to-do lists and brainstorming in it, and then barf on that.

Ah, cats!

I hope your day got off to a calm start, and if it didn’t, here’s a gentle hug to ease your mind. *hug* 🙂

Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,

Karen


The post, “Makeup and Beauty Blog Monday Poll, Vol. 440,” first appeared on Makeup and Beauty Blog | Makeup Reviews, Swatches and How-To Makeup.

from Makeup and Beauty Blog | Makeup Reviews, Swatches and How-To Makeup http://www.makeupandbeautyblog.com/just-for-fun/makeup-beauty-blog-monday-poll-vol-440/
Alt Source: Startifacts Nose Hair Trimmer

from
http://startifacts.tumblr.com/post/150314785014

No comments:

Post a Comment