Wednesday 14 September 2016

The Falling Tokyo Leaves, Cat Lady #lifegoals and the Essie Fall 2016 Collection

essie kimono over

Creamy plum Essie Kimono Over ($9, one of six shades in the limited edition Essie fall 2016 collection)

This is going to sound terribly cat lady of me (really, what did you expect?), but how’s this for a plan? — you, me, the Essie fall 2016 collection and Toyko in the fall. We could traipse down Icho Namiki Avenue with our manis and pedis and see how many cute maneki-nekos we can find.

Of course, we’d also have to stuff our pockets with cat treats just in case any real city kitties cross our path…

OK, that may have been the most CCL thing I’ve ever written.

Well…probably not. 🙂

Anyway, Tokyo! In the fall! It was the inspiration for the Essie fall 2016 collection.

I’ve never been to Japan before, but I just googled “tokyo in the fall,” and it looks AMAZING.

Now one of my #lifegoals is to visit Tokyo in the fall to see the autumn leaves changing.

I don’t know much about Tokyo, but I always picture a bustling city (I blame this on watching Lost in Translation a few hundred times… It’s one of my favorite movies.), so I was surprised to find out that Essie was inspired by the colors of Tokyo’s fall foliage.

essie udon know me

Essie Udon Know Me

Essie fall 2016 is a six-piece limited edition collection, available right meow, and the polishes are $9 each.

Easy-peasy

This has to one of my favorite Essie collections of all time because there are usually one or two colors in their collections that I end up having to baby a little, like by having to use several layers because of how super sheer they are (I prefer full opacity) or by having to remove my polish and practice a few times with one of them that ends up being streakier than the others, but all six of these shades are a breeze to use…

essie maki me happy

Essie Maki Me Happy

Even the pastels! — and you know how tricky pastels can be, like the ones that separate, so you end up having to lay down a couple coats to get a solid block of color.

But these? I bet I could paint my paws with these at 3 a.m. in a tired stupor.

“But, K-Dawg,” you might ask, “why would anybody paint their nails at 3 in the morning”?

Two words, my friend: “teething baby.”

TEETHING BABY!

Fast times

I dunno… Maybe I’m just trippin’ on this Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte #psl I just slammed, but these also seem to dry quicker than usual for Essie nail polishes.

essie playing koi

Essie Playing Koi

Cozy sweaters and chunky cable-knit scarves

The colors! They’re just so rich and deep. I can see myself wearing them soon with flannel plaid shirts, boots cozy sweaters and chunky cable-knit scarves.

Of the six shades, dark plum Kimono Over (like a creamy version of Chanel Vendetta, except without the sparkles), Playing Koi (a decadent rusty orange) and Udon Know Me (a pale blue with a hint of slightly serious gray) are my faves.

essie now and zen

Essie Now and Zen

It’s all about that base, ’bout base AND top coat

I haven’t worn these out in the real world yet — only for swatches — so I can’t say for sure how long they’ll last before chipping, but when I get a base and top coat up in the mix, I generally get between 5-7 days with Essie polishes before they start chipping, but I put my hands through a lot at the keyboard and with cleaning brushes and dishes and frequently using makeup remover.

But if I don’t use a base or top coat, all bets are off, even with these shades. Like, I put on two coats of Udon Know Me because I was so excited about it, and I started seeing tiny chips on a couple of nails within six hours!

So I think it’s definitely worth your time to use these with a base and top coat.

essie go go geisha

Essie Go Go Geisha

Anywho…all this talk about Tokyo and Japan has me craving sushi.

A new place just opened in town, and I’m dying to try it!

I used to crave sushi all the time before I got pregnant with Connor, but my tastebuds got all weird and wacky while she was baking in my tum, and I didn’t want to eat fish at all.

Ramen-Sushi-4

I thought everything would go back to normal afterward, but the last time I had sushi, which I think was in May, it still tasted a little funny to me… I don’t know if that’s normal.

We’ll see!

Do you have a favorite sushi place? Or a favorite sushi roll?

Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,

Karen


The post, “The Falling Tokyo Leaves, Cat Lady #lifegoals and the Essie Fall 2016 Collection,” first appeared on Makeup and Beauty Blog | Makeup Reviews, Swatches and How-To Makeup.

from Makeup and Beauty Blog | Makeup Reviews, Swatches and How-To Makeup http://www.makeupandbeautyblog.com/nails/essie-fall-2016-collection/
Alt Source: Startifacts Nose Hair Trimmer

from
http://startifacts.tumblr.com/post/150418373694

No comments:

Post a Comment