Monday 19 September 2016

Makeup and Beauty Blog Monday Poll, Vol. 441

monday-poll-sept-19-2016

You might be wondering, “So what in tarnation is this Monday Poll thing anyway!?”

Well, it isn’t exactly a poll. It’s more of a constantly evolving (devolving?), somewhat random list of questions I’ve been putting out to readers every Monday morning for the past NINE (!) years. (It’s like a kickstart for your brain.) I’ve always enjoyed reading your answers in the comments, and I hope you enjoy reading mine.

  1. Recent junk food craving?
    Yesterday it was a huge plate of fries and a veggie burger with cheese and avocado…and a tall vanilla milkshake to wash it down.

    I didn’t get it, though, because, well, I had leftovers at home that I wanted to finish, but soon…

    Right now I could go for a pancake breakfast from McDonald’s. πŸ™‚ I haven’t had one of those in ages.

  2. How do you think you’d do if you had to have long, pointy nails for a week?
    I’ll never know how Ri-Ri pulls it off, because GIRL — I’d be a mess!

    When my nails get even a millimeter beyond the tips of my fingers, I feel completely non-functional, so I can’t imagine… How would I change Connor’s diapers, or type, or pet Tabs, or wash dishes, or apply eyeliner, or chop fruit?

    I’d probably end up in the hospital.

  3. Has anything funny happened to you lately?
    Well, I was taking out the garbage last week one night and accidentally dropped my keys into the bin.

    Please note: never, EVER accidentally drop your keys into a large garbage bin, especially down at the curb at night, because getting them out is a comedy of errors.

    Of course, my keys dropped all the way down to the bottom of the bin and, of course, our bin is unusually huge, so I couldn’t just reach down into the bin and get them out, so I had to take ALL OF THE GARBAGE BAGS out of the bin, one at a time, and stack them up around me, and then use a shovel to reach down into the bin and fish out my keys.

    Also, I couldn’t see what I was doing because it was dark outside…

    It was like a sitcom sketch.

  4. How much spice and/or heat do you like in your food?
    Just enough to flavor, I guess, without overtaking the dish.

    Like, if I’m eating a plate of broccoli, I want it to actually taste like broccoli, ya know?

    For heat, I’m a total wimp. I don’t mind a little because it keeps things interesting, but when a dish is hot for the sake of setting your mouth on fire, I can’t handle it.

  5. What was your last major makeup fail?
    LOL! I wore a red liquid lipstick to run errands a couple weeks ago and somehow ended up with lipstick smeared outside my lip line.

    No kidding — I looked like the Joker, and I looked that way for hours because El Hub, who was with me the entire time, failed to say anything!

    I honestly don’t know if he was secretly laughing at me on the inside (because that’s something I’d totally do), or if he thought I did it intentionally, or if he was just paying absolutely no attention whatsoever.

    The Joker.

    That’s how I looked.

monday-poll-le-list-spring-2016

Your turn. πŸ™‚ Just copy and paste the following questions into a comment with your answers. I look forward to reading ’em!

1. Recent junk food craving?
2. How do you think you’d do if you had to have long, pointy nails for a week?
3. Has anything funny happened to you lately?
4. How much spice and/or heat do you like in your food?
5. What was your last major makeup fail?

Here, sweets, let me get you some coffee. I think I’m gonna need the real stuff today.

Cream? Sugar? Jar of Nutella and a spoon? Here ya go…

How many times have we spent our Mondays together? If you’ve been visiting MBB since the start, that could be 494 Mondays!

Wow, that’s a lot of Mondays…

Today my main goal is to savor the little things, like this hot cup of coffee, the tapping sound of my fingers on the keyboard (it’s comforting), a cat on my lap and Connor’s smile.

Hi, friend. πŸ™‚ What’s on your to-do list today?

Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,

Karen


The post, “Makeup and Beauty Blog Monday Poll, Vol. 441,” first appeared on Makeup and Beauty Blog | Makeup Reviews, Swatches and How-To Makeup.

from Makeup and Beauty Blog | Makeup Reviews, Swatches and How-To Makeup http://www.makeupandbeautyblog.com/just-for-fun/makeup-beauty-blog-monday-poll-vol-441/
Alt Source: Startifacts Nose Hair Trimmer

from
http://startifacts.tumblr.com/post/150636461634

No comments:

Post a Comment