Thursday 15 September 2016

A Day of Firsts

pumpkin spice latte

#PSL

OK, grumpy goat, if the thought of drinking a Starbucks #PSL in summer (fall doesn’t officially start ’til the 22nd) makes you grit your diamond grill, please look away, I say. LOOK AWAY!

Because I had my first Pumpkin Spice Latte of the season the other day, and it was glorious.

It was one of those cool, crisp sunny days that feels like fall — when it’s still nice enough to sit outside but cool enough to wear long sleeves and pants.

Connor hung out with me as I enjoyed my drink outside, but I think she was missing her daddy…

lipstick love lattes

“HALP! Send reinforcements!”

The trip was our first official mommy-daughter outing together…

I know, it only took six months! That’s how long it took me to build up the courage to take her out by myself.

Yes, when I see that in print, it does seem pretty lame… Heck, I jumped out of a plane once! I should be able to take a baby out of the house by myself, LOL! But seriously, I was nervous about not having anyone around to help, like to hold the doors open for the stroller, or to help carry the massive baby bag that I feel the need to stuff with everything and the kitchen sink, or to call 911 if Connor gets stung by a bee and I freak-the-eff out, or whatever.

But we did fine.

lipstick love lattes

Those lashes, though!

I’m gonna take her out again tomorrow to help me find a present for a friend’s 40th birthday.

Got any ideas?

Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,

Karen


The post, “A Day of Firsts,” first appeared on Makeup and Beauty Blog | Makeup Reviews, Swatches and How-To Makeup.

from Makeup and Beauty Blog | Makeup Reviews, Swatches and How-To Makeup http://www.makeupandbeautyblog.com/just-for-fun/first-pumpkin-spice-latte-of-the-season/
Alt Source: Startifacts Nose Hair Trimmer

from
http://startifacts.tumblr.com/post/150476647269

No comments:

Post a Comment