Thursday 8 September 2016

MAC Liptensity Collection Lip Swatches and First Impressions

mac liptensity

The new MAC Liptensity Collection

I wonder what it’s like to see things like Maureen Seaberg does, who used her genetic tetrachromatic ability to see 100 million color variations in her collaboration with MAC on the new MAC Liptensity Lipstick collection (coming Sept. 20 to the MAC website).

I bet it would be a lot cooler than what I usually see…which is barely anything half the time, LOL! Could somebody pass my glasses, please?

mac postmodern

MAC Liptensity Lipstick in Postmodern

I just powered through these swatches, so a few of them are a little dicey. My apologies, but homegirl was flyin’! Some of the darker shades definitely could have used more babying, particularly Stallion, the black shade, and dark Blue Beat.

Hey, ma, I did my best in the two minutes I alloted myself to do each of them, but they’re the kind of colors that could easily take 15 minutes to apply flawlessly.

mac lobster

MAC Liptensity in Lobster

mac habanero

MAC Liptensity in Habanero

mac fireworks

MAC Liptensity in Fireworks

When regular trichromatic folks like me and you process colors, we see them in three channels (red, green, blue), but tetrachromats like Maureen process color information in four channels, so they’re able to distinguish a zillion times as many colors and perceive nuances that we three-channel kids can’t.

mac mulling spices

MAC Liptensity in Mulling Spices

mac lifes blood

MAC Liptensity in Life’s Blood

mac eros

MAC Liptensity in Eros

mac claretcast

MAC Liptensity in Claretcast

mac marsala

MAC Liptensity in Marsala

The new Liptensity line encompasses 24 shades with a new formula, and they’ll be available online starting September 20 and in stores September 21 through November 17.

mac ambrosial

MAC Liptensity in Ambrosial

mac hellebore

MAC Liptensity in Hellebore

mac galaxy grey

MAC Liptensity in Galaxy Grey

mac blue beat

MAC Liptensity in Blue Beat

mac stallion

MAC Liptensity in Stallion

There are subtle shifts among the similar colors, and if you just do a quick drive by, some of them look very similar, but if you look closely, you can see that they’re actually different shades.

Most of them are super intense, and one layer is enough for full opacity.

As for the formula, which is on the thicker side, it still feels almost weightless on my lips.

I like. πŸ™‚

It also has some “stick” to it, so when I rub my lips back and forth, the colors don’t transfer outside my natural lip line.

I also like. πŸ™‚

mac double fudge

MAC Liptensity in Double Fudge

mac burnt violet

MAC Liptensity in Burnt Violet

mac dionysus

MAC Liptensity in Dionysus

mac cordovan

MAC Liptensity in Cordovan

mac toast and butter

MAC Liptensity in Toast and Butter

Of course, in case you were wondering, these also have MAC’s signature vanilla flavor and scent.

mac smoked almond

MAC Liptensity in Smoked Almond

mac doe

MAC Liptensity in Doe

mac driftwood

MAC Liptensity in Driftwood

mac medium rare

MAC Liptensity in Medium Rare

mac gumball

MAC Liptensity in Gumball

I haven’t spent a ton of time with them yet, but I like these so far. I’ve been getting about four hours of wear time from them, too.

What do you think? Does anything catch your trichromatic eye?

Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,

Karen


The post, “MAC Liptensity Collection Lip Swatches and First Impressions,” first appeared on Makeup and Beauty Blog | Makeup Reviews, Swatches and How-To Makeup.

from Makeup and Beauty Blog | Makeup Reviews, Swatches and How-To Makeup http://www.makeupandbeautyblog.com/mac-makeup/mac-liptensity-collection-lip-swatches/
Alt Source: Startifacts Nose Hair Trimmer

from
http://startifacts.tumblr.com/post/150137143284

No comments:

Post a Comment