Monday 21 November 2016

Getting Personal With The Body Shop

body shop personalized body butter vanilla chai

When your Body Shop Body Butter has your name on it and you think that’s kind of awesome…

I wish I could take a spin back to 1999 in Doc Brown’s DeLorean because my late-1990s self would have lost her/my sh*t over this personalized Body Shop Body Butter.

OMG! It’s a Christmas panda!!!

I remember back in the late ‘90s/early aughts, The Body Shop was HUGE, right? All of my friends and I were totally into them. I wore their Shimmer Cube eyeshadow constantly for a while, and I had this, like — I talk about it all the time — Mary J. Blidge-inspired lip combo with a Body Shop dark purple lip liner that I wore with a frosty silver lipstick.

Grapefruit Body was was my jam for two solid years, and do you remember their Avocado Body Butter? I used that one for a long time.

And then there was the Olive one, which was also lovely. It had a light, fresh, grassy scent that was totally unusual at the time.

Do you happen to remember White Musk?? At one point in time, I swear, every early 20-something woman on Muni in SF was wearing that perfume. Some mornings I’d step onto the train into a fog of Body Shop White Musk…

If you live in or near New York City, lucky you, because that’s where you can get your own personalized Body Butter. Some of the stores in the New York area are offering it as a service (here’s a list of them) when you buy one of the regular $21 jars or the $36 super-sized ones, and it doesn’t cost anything extra. They make the label in the store, and you can pick it up the same day.

body shop personalized body butter vanilla chai

Vanilla Chai deliciousness!

I wish they did this at the rest of their stores (hint-hint!). I asked a Body Shop rep if the stores in New York could ship them out, but no luck there either. This year at least, it’s a local thing.

Do you have any Body Shop faves (now or back in the day)? Let me know in the comments. I’m curious.

Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,

Karen


The post, “Getting Personal With The Body Shop,” first appeared on Makeup and Beauty Blog | Makeup Reviews, Swatches and How-To Makeup.

from Makeup and Beauty Blog | Makeup Reviews, Swatches and How-To Makeup http://www.makeupandbeautyblog.com/the-body-shop/getting-personal-body-shop/
Alt Source: Startifacts Nose Hair Trimmer

from
http://startifacts.tumblr.com/post/153491406314

No comments:

Post a Comment