Thursday 10 November 2016

Red Lips and Reverse Liner With the Too Faced Funfetti Set and Sydney Amaryllis Matte Lip Liquid From The Body Shop

too faced funfetti

A lil’ bit of reverse liner today with the Too Faced Funfetti set

Reverse liner.

Sounds kinda funny, right? Like, if there’s a reverse liner…shouldn’t there also be a forward or a sideways liner too?

No? OK, maybe not. 🙂

But there is such a thing as reverse liner. It’s actually legit. It’s when your lids are darker than your liner, which is the opposite of the normal style of wearing a darker color along your lash lines than your lids.

I did it today to do something different and exercise my makeup skills.

Oh, gosh. I’m still so out of practice after having Connor Claire. Honestly, makeup is a perishable skill. If you don’t use it, you freaking lose it.

So this look is a little different for me because of the reverse liner, but I still did smoky lids…because what else am I gonna wear? You know how much I like smoky lids.

I used the new Too Faced Funfetti set, which goes on sale tomorrow (Nov. 11) on HSN.

too faced funfetti

A lighter liner on darker lid

I also tried something different with my lids. I mixed a few of the Funfetti eyeshadows together, and by “mixed” I mean that I took a dark matte purple, a shimmery bronze and a shimmery olive from the palette, swooshed them all together with a brush on the back of my hand, and used that to make my own custom color. Then I patted that on my lids.

I just felt like creating my own color today. I don’t know… I’ve been into that lately.

too faced funfetti palette fotd shades

The shades marked with the heart are the ones I used

too faced funfetti

Red lips make me smile! I’m wearing The Body Shop Matte Lip Liquid in Sydney Amaryllis

too faced funfetti

And here’s the look with the nude Funfetti gloss

For the liner, I used light bronze After Party, also from the Funfetti set. I wet my brush, dipped it into the shadow, then used that to line my upper lash line.

Since reds seem to go well with bronzes, I also did a matte red lip using The Body Shop Matte Lip Liquid in Sydney Amaryllis. The warmer tone just spoke to me.

If red isn’t your thing, though, you could easily go with a nude lipstick or gloss. I think they’d also look pretty.

Going back to reverse liner for a second, I think that one of the best things about it is that you can see a little somethin’, somethin’ when you wear it and you look down, but when you look forward, it just looks like you’re wearing regular eye makeup. So it isn’t too cray. It’s good if you want to try something different, but not too different.

Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,

Karen


The post, “Red Lips and Reverse Liner With the Too Faced Funfetti Set and Sydney Amaryllis Matte Lip Liquid From The Body Shop,” first appeared on Makeup and Beauty Blog | Makeup Reviews, Swatches and How-To Makeup.

from Makeup and Beauty Blog | Makeup Reviews, Swatches and How-To Makeup http://www.makeupandbeautyblog.com/cosmetics/red-lips-reverse-liner-faced-funfetti-set-sydney-amaryllis-matte-lip-liquid-body-shop/
Alt Source: Startifacts Nose Hair Trimmer

from
http://startifacts.tumblr.com/post/153011712679

No comments:

Post a Comment