Tuesday 1 November 2016

The Sleek, Be Modern and b. unique With the lilah b. Holiday Set

lilah b unique holiday set

It’s like a choose your own beauty adventure!

Can you remember the last time you loved every single item in a holiday makeup set?

I can’t. There’s always that one wonky eyeshadow I’ll never wear or a gloss I’m just not into. There’s always that one thing, right?

Over at lilah b., they’re doing things a little differently. It’s kind of like those fast food restaurant menus where you pick two items, or in this case, where you pick three…

OK, hear me out. 🙂

You hop onto their website, and pick three items from their permanent line. The kit istself is limited edition, but the products are perm.

You pick your first item, then your second, then your third, and if you want to get two eyeshadow quads and a powder foundation, that’s cool. Or, if you wanna get three brushes or three lip and cheek duos, that’s cool, too. The price adjusts accordingly.

Speaking of that, lilah b. is a luxury line. That’s how they brand themselves, and everything is on the more expensive side. The eyeshadow quads, for example, are $58 each, while the lip and cheek duos are $46.

But with the b. unique Holiday Set, you also get this really cute vegan clutch that makes me wish I had a fancy party to go to, just so I could carry it around with me and worry about people spilling red wine on it.

The kit seems very true to lilah b.’s aesthetic to me. Their tagline is “With less, you are more,” which means…you know, they aren’t all about piling on the makeup. They’re more about enhancing your natural beauty by adding a little color here and there.

Then, with your three items and your purse, you’re off to the ball, Cinderella! 🙂 If you’re a Bobbi girl, take a look at the line.

lilah b unique holiday set

b. fabulous Palette Perfection Eye Quad

lilah b unique holiday set

lilah b unique holiday set

How cute is this clutch?

lilah b unique holiday set swatches

Swatches of the b. fabulous Eye Quad and b. memorable Lip & Cheek Duo

lilah b unique holiday set

lilah b unique holiday set

From the items here and from my earlier experience with lilah b. makeup, their products aren’t the longest-wearing. That is, these aren’t the kinds of eyeshadows that will have punchy pigments from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. These will slowly disappear throughout the day, so by the time you get to the end of an eight-hour shift, you’re hardly wearing any makeup.

I do wish the makeup lasted a little longer on its own, because I find myself having to do things like extra layering with them, always using them with primer, and putting powders on top of the cheek colors.

But despite that, the powders feel fantastically soft and are easy to blend. I like how they fade and diffuse when I’m blending them, so that I don’t end up with any harsh lines, particularly when I wear the eyeshadows and cheek colors.

Halloween

It was fun! — but the mall idea turned out to be a bust. We walked a half circuit, but only one or two of the stores were giving out candy. Northgate Mall, get your act together, people!

We hopped in the car, drove to a nearby neighborhood and busted out the umbrellas (because it was raining). I held Connor monkey in my arms, and we just walked up and down a couple streets to do a little trick-or-treating.

Yes, I did get a few mini Snickers and Twix. 🙂

I hope you had a good time.

Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,

Karen


The post, “The Sleek, Be Modern and b. unique With the lilah b. Holiday Set,” first appeared on Makeup and Beauty Blog | Makeup Reviews, Swatches and How-To Makeup.

from Makeup and Beauty Blog | Makeup Reviews, Swatches and How-To Makeup http://www.makeupandbeautyblog.com/cosmetics/lilah-b-b-unique-holiday-set/
Alt Source: Startifacts Nose Hair Trimmer

from
http://startifacts.tumblr.com/post/152605132954

No comments:

Post a Comment