Monday 7 November 2016

Makeup and Beauty Blog Monday Poll, Vol. 448

tabs-election-day-cat

Well, it isn’t exactly a poll. It’s more of a constantly evolving (devolving?), somewhat random list of questions I’ve been putting out to readers every Monday morning for the past NINE (!) years. (It’s like a kickstart for your brain.) I’ve always enjoyed reading your answers in the comments, and I hope you enjoy reading mine. 🙂

1. Team Contour, or Team Highlight?

Oh, my gosh! — pom-poms for Team Highlight, because a) for me it’s just so much easier to blend a shimmery highlight, and the results are much more instantly gratifying.

Honestly…I know that contouring is a big thing in makeup these days…but I just can’t stand it. I feel like it’s overdone, and everybody and their mama feels the need to reshape their face.

Why?? I don’t want to feel like I have to make my nose look straighter or my cheeks look more chiseled. I like the way my face is, and I don’t want it to be sharper. I like the roundness of it. I like the chubbiness of my cheeks.

Anwho…

2. Do you have any tie-dye anything?

Nope, and the only time I ever had a tie-dye anything was freshman year at college. It was one of those getting to know you events, and everyone had to bring a white shirt to die-dye.

I really wasn’t feeling the whole tie-dye process, so I made a gradient on my shirt instead of a traditional tie-dye. It had a patch of blue, then a patch of green, then a patch of yellow… There was really nothing tie or dye about it, and that was the closest I’ve ever gotten.

3. What were you doing in the year 2000?

Fabulously messing up in life. I had just graduated from college, was in my early 20s, and I had no idea what I was doing… Still don’t have any idea what I’m doing.

I was living in San Francisco at the time and working as a junior legal assistant at a law office, which meant that I filed stacks of papers in a filing room that I had practically all to myself.

My boss was so chill… Some days I would come into the office, shut the door and actually take naps at my desk.

In hindsight, I recognize that this was a bad thing… 🙂

4. How often do you check social media?

Probably too much. I glance at Instagram and Facebook every few hours. I wish I checked them less often because…does anybody out there have a sloppy, messy life? I do.

5. Do you ever skip wearing makeup to work?

For sure. Even though I’m here writing about makeup, I don’t sit at my desk wearing false lashes every day. Some days when I’m testing products, I’ll wear just one thing, instead of doing a complete look, or I won’t wear any makeup at all because I’ll be working on a non-makeup project.

The early bird…

Waking up early on the mornings on the weekend — who knew? So bomb. I woke up early on both Saturday and Sunday, which I don’t do all the time, but I might do it more often now.

I got up early on Saturday because I had plans for lunch with a friend, and I wanted to take care of the grocery shopping first, so I got up, got ready and went to Trader Joe’s at the crack of dawn.

Dude, Trader Joe’s is the place to be at the crack of dawn. It was just me and five other focused ladies, and it was great because, for the first time ever, I had my cart with me the whole time! It’s usually so crowded there that I have to park my cart somewhere, stake out a spot, walk to the kale or whatever, and then walk back and put the kale in the cart.

It was nice to have my cart in front of me for once…

I also plan to get up early tomorrow to avoid the lines at my polling place. Tomorrow is Election Day here, and it’s gonna be…frantic. election-day

In the spirit of trying new things, I also want to try some new looks this week. I hope that you try something new as well, whether it’s a new makeup looks or something else in your routine.

Life is short, ya know? You might as well switch things up every once in a while.

Whatever you’re up to, my fellow citizen of the earth, I hope you have a great week.

Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,

Karen

P.S. Here are the questions to copy and paste…

1. Team Contour, or Team Highlight?
2. Do you have any tie-dye anything?
3. What were you doing in the year 2000?
4. How often do you check social media?
5. Do you ever skip wearing makeup to work?


The post, “Makeup and Beauty Blog Monday Poll, Vol. 448,” first appeared on Makeup and Beauty Blog | Makeup Reviews, Swatches and How-To Makeup.

from Makeup and Beauty Blog | Makeup Reviews, Swatches and How-To Makeup http://www.makeupandbeautyblog.com/just-for-fun/makeup-beauty-blog-monday-poll-vol-448/
Alt Source: Startifacts Nose Hair Trimmer

from
http://startifacts.tumblr.com/post/152860952614

No comments:

Post a Comment