Tuesday 1 November 2016

What Eyeshadow/Eyeliner Do You Wear the Most?

chanel 88 noir intense

I love you so hard, Chanel 88 Noir Intense!

I was talking on the phone yesterday to a friend who happens to be a Chanel-o-phile like I am, and we both went full-on crazy when got on the topic of Chanel Stylo Yeux Waterproof Eyeliner in 88 Noir Intense.

OK, it’s just a black twist-up liner — seemingly boring, right? — but babe, IT IS SERIOUSLY THE BEST BLACK EYELINER EVER.

I wear it almost every day and have for months, ever since I figured out that, basically, it’s the sh*t.

I have ventured out, though. I’ve tried different liners over that time because, you know, it’s just black liner, and there are so many black liners out there, but I keep coming back to Noir Intense.

I come to it because it 1) because it stays on my water line, and 2) because it glides like a silky gel liner but doesn’t dry out my water lines like one.

Like a gel liner, it feels super soft and smooth, but, unlike a gel liner, it doesn’t grip my water line with such preternatural force that it dries them out a little.

I know that sounds odd, but I can’t always wear gel liner. Noir Intense is more like a traditional eyeliner pencil, but it glides along like a gel.

It also lasts all day long. It doesn’t do that weird thing that some black eyeliners do where they start out just fine on your water line but begin to break apart and disappear within an hour.

chanel waterproof eyeliner 3

Chanel Stylo Yeux Waterproof Eyeliner in 88 Noir Intense

Oh, and it also doesn’t smudge, either. You know how some black liners are already smudging on your upper and lower lash lines two seconds after you apply them, and before you can say, “Dammit!” they’re already transferring up into your crease?

Noir Intense doesn’t do that.

The Stylo Yeux formula, by the way, is waterproof, but I wouldn’t swim the English Channel wearing one and expect to crawl out of the surf with perfect liner on the other side. I have, however, cried many a tear with my 88 Noir Intense, and it still looks great.

It’s easy to remove as well. I don’t need a special hardcore waterproof eye makeup remover. Makeup removing oil works just fine (I like DHC Deep Cleansing Oil).

As for that other 88…

1988! I was in seventh grade. That was the year of the terrible triangle haircut.

I saw a picture of Belinda Carlisle somewhere with this really cute bob, and I got it into my head that my thick, wavy hair would look exactly like Belinda Carlisle’s effortless bob…

So my mom, who’s never been too big into hair and makeup, took me to the hairdresser and basically said, “Do whatever you want.” She told me, “Tell her what you want,” and then told the hairdresser, “She wants a haircut.”

I remember the hairdresser specifically saying, “Are you sure you want to cut all of this lovely wavy hair?”

“Cut it off,” I said. “I wanna look like Belinda Carlisle.”

Instead, I had poofy triangle head for most of seventh grade… 🙂

Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,

Karen


The post, “What Eyeshadow/Eyeliner Do You Wear the Most?,” first appeared on Makeup and Beauty Blog | Makeup Reviews, Swatches and How-To Makeup.

from Makeup and Beauty Blog | Makeup Reviews, Swatches and How-To Makeup http://www.makeupandbeautyblog.com/makeup-tipshow-to/what-eyeshadoweyeliner-do-you-wear-the-most/
Alt Source: Startifacts Nose Hair Trimmer

from
http://startifacts.tumblr.com/post/152617020214

No comments:

Post a Comment