Tuesday 22 November 2016

The Aveda Foklor Autumn/Winter 2016 Makeup Collection

aveda foklor collection

I’m wearing the Aveda Foklor Collection on my eyes and lips

Well, someone was feeling creative when they named this collection. πŸ™‚ Why is “folklore” spelled like that (like “Foklor”)? I’d really like to know. It’s interesting, though, right?

So, I don’t know a lot about Aveda makeup, but I’ve used it a bit before, and one of the things I like about the line is their botanical ingredients (fun fact: I was a botany major for about 2 seconds). Like, their Petal Essence Single Eye Colors contain aromatic waxes from jasmine flowers and geranium leaves, and their Nourish-Mint lip products have organic mint.

Foklor is their fall/winter 2016 collection, and it’s so colorful! I don’t know why, but I expected more subdued colors, and these are punchier and more exciting than I thought (yay!).

The eyeshadows are my favorite things in the collection. There are four of them, and the greens, in particular, are absolutely stunning. The powders are a little frostier than I usually like, but I love how easy the pigments are to build and blend. I can get a dramatic look fairly quickly with them without having to layer too much.

aveda foklor collection

On my eyes: Balsam, Dusted Sage, Chia and Rose Quartz Eyeshadows; Gypsum Gold and Slate Shimmer eyeliners; on my lips: Sheer Primrose Lipstick and Pink Lupine Lip Glaze

The Aveda Foklor Collection
Limited edition for autumn/winter 2016, available now at Aveda counters and online

Nourish-Mint Smoothing Lip Color in Carnelian ($18)
Nourish-Mint Sheer Mineral Lip Color in Sheer Primrose ($18)
Nourish-Mint Rehydrating Lip Glaze in Pink Lupine ($18)
Nourish-Mint Lip Shine in Chuparosa ($18)
Nourish-Mint Lip Liner in Tarragona ($18)
Petal Essence Eye Definers in Slate Shimmer and Gypsum Gold ($17 each)
Petal Essence Single Eye Colors in Chia, Rose Quartz, Dusted Sage and Balsam ($15 each)

I’m all about these eyeliners, too, like Slate Shimmer, which is a gorgeous, dark and smoky bluish gray with tiny flecks of teal glitter. It’s very…almost NARS-y and really pretty.

The liners have a harder texture, so you might want to warm them up on the back of your hand first to get them nice and soft.

aveda foklor collection

The Aveda Foklor Collection

aveda foklor collection eyes

Aveda Foklor Eyeshadows and Eye Definers

aveda foklor collection lips

Aveda Foklor lip products

aveda foklor swatches

Eyeshadow swatches from the left: Dusted Sage, Balsam, Rose Quartz and Chia

aveda foklor swatches

Lip product swatches from the left: Nourish-Mint Sheer Mineral Lip Color in Primrose, Nourish-Mint Sheer Mineral Lip Color in Carnelian, Nourish-Mint Lip Liner in Tarragona, Nourish-Mint Lip Shine in Chuparosa and Nourish-Mint Rehydrating Lip Glaze in Pink Lupine

As for the lip products, there’s a super cute lipgloss called Pink Lupine, which makes me think of Connor (I call her the coywolf). πŸ™‚

The Nourish-Mint Lip Colors, Lip Glaze, Lip Shine and Lip Liner taste and smell like mint, and I like it — which is unusual for me because I’m not a big mint person (it reminds me of toothpaste). But this is a very nice, very subtle mint.

aveda foklor swatches

Eye Definers in Gypsum Gold (left) and Slate Shimmer (right)

aveda foklor collection

Same eyes and cheeks (that’s NARS Deep Throat Blush, btw), but with the dark lip colors from the collection

Of the lip products, the Lip Colors (lipsticks), which are kind of like pumped up lipbalms, are my favorites. They’re creamy, smooth, and I like how they sit on my lips. They don’t look heavy at all.

I’m really into the colors in this collection, and I feel inpsired to get to know Aveda better. I don’t know if you’re an Aveda fan, but their tea? They have this tea…

SO GOOD.

Sometimes I walk into their store just in the hopes that someone will offer me that tea. πŸ™‚

I also like their color conditioner. It has a lovely herbal, grassy scent, and I always use it when I’m about halfway to my next color appointment because it darkens and enriches the chocolate highlights in my hair.

So, yeah. Aveda makeup. Check it out. And if you have any favorite Aveda products, please let me know.

Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,

Karen


The post, “The Aveda Foklor Autumn/Winter 2016 Makeup Collection,” first appeared on Makeup and Beauty Blog | Makeup Reviews, Swatches and How-To Makeup.

from Makeup and Beauty Blog | Makeup Reviews, Swatches and How-To Makeup http://www.makeupandbeautyblog.com/aveda-3/aveda-foklor-autumnwinter-2016-makeup-collection/
Alt Source: Startifacts Nose Hair Trimmer

from
http://startifacts.tumblr.com/post/153546580184

No comments:

Post a Comment