Saturday 15 October 2016

15-Minute Makeup: Glossy, Grungy Glam With MAC Driftwood Liptensity, MAC Tailor Grey Paint Pot and Rouge Bunny Rouge Eye Gloss

mac driftwood

Glossy, grungy glam in 15 minutes

Good morning, friend! 🙂 It’s a rainy day here in Novato-ay. Seriously, summer is long gone now. There are piles of wet leaves outside, and the sky is dark grey.

How’s your weekend coming along? What are up to? I’m taking it nice and slow. The only thing I kind of rushed through is my makeup. I’m still on that 15-minute makeup kick, and this is my latest try. I was going for glossy, grungy glam.

I wish I had somewhere special to wear makeup today… Actually, no I don’t. I just want to stay inside where it’s warm and watch TV on the couch.

I did this whole look in 15 minutes, just to try something different than my usual neutral lids and neutral lips.

I used cool-toned MAC Tailor Grey Pro Longwear Paint Pot, a cream shadow, and just kind of smushed that all over my lids with a finger. Then I took a black liner and lined my lash and water lines with it, then smushed that too. And because I was gonna put an eye gloss on top of it anyway, I didn’t make it too neat.

It was actually really messy and looked very scary, but then I put the gloss on top, and it all melted together into glossy, grungy goodness.

Then I added layer upon layer of my favorite waterproof mascara, Urban Decay Cannonball Ultra Waterproof.

I think the most important thing to remember about eye gloss is that it isn’t meant to look perfect and precise, and you just have to embrace that; otherwise, all you see are the imperfections.

I guess that’s a weird life lesson, too…

Like, when I close my eyes and look down, you can see that my liner has transferred into the crease, but it’s purposefully messy. Plus, it only took 15 minutes. When you only have a short time for your makeup, you can’t expect to do everything perfectly.

What’s super cool about gloss is that you have so much room for error. It’s supposed to look messy, and sometimes that’s great.

mac tailor grey

In my mind, this eye makeup would look like this all day…

mac tailor grey

But in reality it looks like this by the afternoon!

mac driftwood

EYES: MAC Tailor Grey Paint Pot, MAC Smolder Eye Kohl, Rouge Bunny Rouge Eye Gloss, Urban Decay Cannonball Mascara

FACE: MAC Lightful C Tinted Creams in Medium Plum and Medium Deep, Make Up For Ever Ultra HD Concealers in R40 and Y41, MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Medium Golden, Hourglass Mood Exposure Blush

Lips: Urban Decay Hex Glide-On Lip Pencil, MAC Driftwood Liptensity Lipstick

On top of the world!

I feel like I just conquered the world because I finally figured out how to collapse Connor’s play yard, huzzah!

El Hub had been using brute gorilla force to force it in and out of doorways, which was scratching up the walls, but then I — wait for it — read the manual and figured out that it’s really east to collapse down, so now she’s about to hang out with me in my bedroom while I run a couple miles on the treadmill.

Being as Saturday is Caturday, what are you and your feline friends up to today? I wanna do some hardcore TV-watching and relaxing, which Tabs enthusiastically supports. Have a great day, my friend.

Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,

Karen


The post, “15-Minute Makeup: Glossy, Grungy Glam With MAC Driftwood Liptensity, MAC Tailor Grey Paint Pot and Rouge Bunny Rouge Eye Gloss,” first appeared on Makeup and Beauty Blog | Makeup Reviews, Swatches and How-To Makeup.

from Makeup and Beauty Blog | Makeup Reviews, Swatches and How-To Makeup http://www.makeupandbeautyblog.com/mac-makeup/15-minute-makeup-mac-driftwood-liptensity-mac-tailor-grey-paint-pot-rouge-bunny-rouge-eye-gloss/
Alt Source: Startifacts Nose Hair Trimmer

from
http://startifacts.tumblr.com/post/151841609344

No comments:

Post a Comment