Thursday 6 October 2016

All About That Crock-Pot Life: Slow Cooker Chicken Adobo

crockpot chicken adobo

Yaay!

That pretty much summarizes how I feel about Crock-Pots.

Girl, I’ve been livin’ for my Crock-Pot lately. If it weren’t for my Crock-Pot, I would probably be eating PB&J sandwiches from now till eternity.

It makes cooking SO easy. You just throw a bunch of stuff into the pot and walk away for six hours. THAT’s my idea of THE BEST cooking scenario.

The other day for dinner I made chicken adobo from a recipe I found on this fantastic site called Skinnytaste.

Gina’s recipes are pretty healthy, and they’re always tasty.

Anyway, I basically followed the recipe but adapted it for my Crock-Pot, instead of cooking it on the stove.

I think of adobo as the ultimate in Filipino home-cooking. When I was growing up, we had it at least once a week at home. It’s really simple, savory and flavorful — soy sauce, vinegar, hella garlic, bay leaves and some peppercorns. And chicken in this case, of course, although you can pretty much adobo anything.

I actually marinated the chicken overnight in the fridge, then stuck it into the Crock-Pot in the morning for six hours.

To be honest, this has been uncharted territory for me, because I just started getting into Crock-Pot cooking. I made a yummy chicken tortilla soup a couple weeks ago using a recipe from Pioneer Woman, and El Hub made some beef stew that was all right…but that’s been about it for my Crock-Pot adventures.

crockpot chicken adobo

Chicken Adobo (here’s the full recipe with directions)

Servings: 4
Ingredients:
8 skinless chicken drumsticks, on the bone
1/3 cup low sodium soy sauce
1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
1 small head of garlic, crushed
6 ground peppercorns
4 bay leaves
1 jalapeño, chopped (optional)

If you have any good slow cooker recipes, let me know! Thank you in advance. 🙂

Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,

Karen


The post, “All About That Crock-Pot Life: Slow Cooker Chicken Adobo,” first appeared on Makeup and Beauty Blog | Makeup Reviews, Swatches and How-To Makeup.

from Makeup and Beauty Blog | Makeup Reviews, Swatches and How-To Makeup http://www.makeupandbeautyblog.com/daily-photo/crock-pot-life-slow-cooker-chicken-adobo/
Alt Source: Startifacts Nose Hair Trimmer

from
http://startifacts.tumblr.com/post/151458515389

No comments:

Post a Comment