Friday 21 October 2016

Do You Have More Limited Edition Products or Permanent Products in Your Makeup Collection, and What Are Your Current Favorite LE and Perm Products?

limited-edition-or-permanent

Do you have more limited edition products or permanent products in your makeup collection, and what are your current favorite LE and perm products?

Because of reviewing things and the blog, most of the products in my closet, a.k.a. “a hoarder’s dream come true,” are limited edition, but a good chunk of my core makeup collection of products that I love and use all the time is permanent.

That’s mostly because I like to know that I can replace something great when I run out of it with a trip to Sephora or Target or Ulta. Like, I’m totally not freaking out right now even though I’m halfway done with my favorite Urban Decay tinted moisturizer because I know my car has enough gas to take me to the Sephora down the street.

The scary thing is, just because something is permanent doesn’t mean it always will be. I was thinking about this talking to Fran in the comments the other day (‘sup, Fran?). I said that one of my favorite blue eyeshadows of all time is in this duo by Hourglass called Prism, which used to be permanent, until Hourglass discontinued their eyeshadow duos…

I still love using it, but every time I do, I think, “One day it’s gonna be gooooooooone!” even though I can’t remember the last time I actually finished a pan of blue eyeshadow (seriously, can you?!).

Regarding my favorite perm products right now, gosh, I don’t even know where to start! Maybe with my MAC essentials… There’s Soft Brown, Cork, Saddle, Soba and Swiss Chocolate (leave it to me to start with browns right off the bat, haha!). And then there’s Powersurge Eye Pencil and Woodwinked.

Oh, and the stuff from NARS that I adore, including Kalahari, Alhambra, Abyssinia, Sophia and Bengali.

And these NARS Blushes, of course: Dolce Vita, Amour and Albatross, which I’m having a major moment with right now.

Those are all among my favorites of my faves, but seriously, if I were to list them all, we’d be here for days. Possibly months!

In terms of limited edition products, the MAC Nordstrom Naturals Palette is one I use A TON, but I don’t know if it counts as LE because the shadows in it are from the permanent line…

Oh! — and I can’t forget about Chanel Jade nail lacquer, which I don’t wear all the time, but I derive so much joy from just seeing the bottle in my closet that I count it as a fave. If it were to ever have an encore performance, I would hoard like five bottles of it, no joke. I LURVE YOU, JADE!

Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,

Karen

P.S. TGIF!


The post, “Do You Have More Limited Edition Products or Permanent Products in Your Makeup Collection, and What Are Your Current Favorite LE and Perm Products?,” first appeared on Makeup and Beauty Blog | Makeup Reviews, Swatches and How-To Makeup.

from Makeup and Beauty Blog | Makeup Reviews, Swatches and How-To Makeup http://www.makeupandbeautyblog.com/just-for-fun/limited-edition-makeup-permanent-collection-makeup/
Alt Source: Startifacts Nose Hair Trimmer

from
http://startifacts.tumblr.com/post/152117495184

No comments:

Post a Comment