Monday 24 October 2016

Makeup and Beauty Blog Monday Poll, Vol. 446

monday-poll-turnip-the-beat

Well, it isn’t exactly a poll. It’s more of a constantly evolving (devolving?), somewhat random list of questions I’ve been putting out to readers every Monday morning for the past NINE (!) years. (It’s like a kickstart for your brain.) I’ve always enjoyed reading your answers in the comments, and I hope you enjoy reading mine. 🙂

1. Which do you prefer: cool-toned red lipsticks or warm-toned red lipsticks? And do you have a particular favorite one?

Girl, don’t make me choose! It’s too hard!!!

OK, um…I’ll go with warm-toned red lipsticks, because my skin tone is warm, even though I also like wearing cool-toned colors.

As for a favorite one, that would be none other than MAC Lady Danger. It’s warm with an orangey undertone — a little sassy, a little vintage.

Add winged liner, and you could be kickin’ it with a pack of ’50s greasers, hangin’ with Audrey Hepburn’s party crowd in Breakfast at Tiffany’s, or jammin’ with a present-day rockabilly girl gang. Everything goes.

I will say this, though, about cool-toned reds: MWAHH! I love them, especially on warm-toned skin. There’s just something about the contrast of, like, a bluish red on warm skin that makes it look more…3D and dramatic. Sometimes warm reds can kind of blend into warm-toned skin, ya know?

I dunno… It really depends on my mood, I guess.

2. How readily do you blush?

Not readily, ’cause I’m a cool customer (haha, in my mind), but I’ve been told by friends that I blush easily.

3. If you could live forever in a particular decade, which decade would you choose and why?

I definitely wouldn’t pick the ‘80s, because even though I love ‘80s music…the big hair was just too problematic.

And no to the ‘70s, as well, because I can’t remember them.

And the early 2000s? Hello, super low-rise jeans! No, never again.

So, I’ll go with the ’90s, partially because I’ve been feeling nostalgic for them lately. I did a lot of growing up in that era. Things seemed simpler then…

Gosh, that sounded so cliché, haha! But things were simpler for me back then, and I like the music and the fashion, although I’m not crazy about the makeup… There was A LOT of brown and matte. It bores me to tears, but I grew up wearing it.

They weren’t my favorite makeup decade, to be honest.

4. (FILL IN THE BLANK) changes everything.

A good cat.
Money (to quote Cyndi Lauper!).
Your attitude.
A comfortable bra.

5. Wearing sequins during the day: a do or a don’t?

Definitely a do. Hell, go for head-to-toe sequins! Why the hell not? I love sparkles.

If I had my way, everybody would be wearing sequins every day, all day long. I think it would make the world a happier place. If Blanche Devereux can work it, why can’t you?!

But seriously, I think for most people, the key for daytime wear is to go with just one sequined piece at a time, like sequined skinny jeans with a plain white shirt. I’d totally rock that right now.

Note to self: look for a sequined jacket.

About that pic at the top…

Somebody at Cost Plus World Market gets my sense of humor because the kitchen towel in the top pic made me crack up SO hard. I must have looked like a crazy person standing there laughing in the store in front of the towels.

Hey, a good laugh is a great way to start the day, right? 🙂

Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,

Karen

P.S. Here are the questions to copy and paste…

1. Which do you prefer: cool-toned red lipsticks or warm-toned red lipsticks? And do you have a particular favorite one?
2. How readily do you blush?
3. If you could live forever in a particular decade, which decade would you choose and why?
4. (FILL IN THE BLANK) changes everything.
5. Wearing sequins during the day: a do or a don’t?


The post, “Makeup and Beauty Blog Monday Poll, Vol. 446,” first appeared on Makeup and Beauty Blog | Makeup Reviews, Swatches and How-To Makeup.

from Makeup and Beauty Blog | Makeup Reviews, Swatches and How-To Makeup http://www.makeupandbeautyblog.com/just-for-fun/makeup-beauty-blog-monday-poll-vol-446/
Alt Source: Startifacts Nose Hair Trimmer

from
http://startifacts.tumblr.com/post/152251271834

No comments:

Post a Comment