Wednesday 19 October 2016

Flavored Snow at the Sno Crave Tea House

sno-crave-tea-house-1

My sweet tooth is throbbing! In the best possible way!

Two words: flavored snow. I tried it for the first time at Sno Crave Tea House, and yes, it’s a thing.

It’s like a mix of Hawaiian shave ice and ice cream, and it comes in a bunch of flavors, but the thing is…most of the flavors aren’t sweet, so if you want more sweetness, you have to add one or more toppings.

I know this sounds complicated, but it’s not. Stay with me here…

OK, your first topping layer is usually a syrup, and I picked condensed milk because, let’s get real, I can chug a can of that stuff if left to my own devices.

Then you add other toppings on top. I chose Japanese adzuki beans (like you can get in Hawaii with shave ice) which, to be honest, wasn’t the best idea, because we went to the movies afterwards and…

Anyway, next time I go, I want to get fruit toppings and maybe a caramel sauce.

sno-crave-tea-house-2

sno-crave-tea-house-4

sno-crave-tea-house-5

sno-crave-tea-house-3

sno-crave-tea-house-6

sno-crave-tea-house-7

sno-crave-tea-house-8

The “sno” flavor I got was taro, which is a purple root similar to potato (in Hawaii it’s what they make poi out of). It was very tasty. Taro is pretty common in Asian cooking.

They also have different kinds of tea, of course, at the Sno Crave Tea House, if flavored snow isn’t your thing. I saw customers with boba teas, which are those drinks with the little tapioca balls in them that look like bubbles, and other customer with hot green tea and things like that.

They also have a bunch of things on the menu with toast in them…

Toast?

Well, it’s called toast, but it looks like layers of pound cake sandwiched between scoops of ice cream, so basically a dieter’s nightmare, or a sweet tooth’s dream, depending on how you look at it.

The Sno Crave I went to is in Union City, but there are othes in California.

Keep your eye out for places like this, because they seem to be popping up more and more. Give it a try sometime! 🙂

Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,

Karen


The post, “Flavored Snow at the Sno Crave Tea House,” first appeared on Makeup and Beauty Blog | Makeup Reviews, Swatches and How-To Makeup.

from Makeup and Beauty Blog | Makeup Reviews, Swatches and How-To Makeup http://www.makeupandbeautyblog.com/daily-photo/flavored-snow-sno-crave-tea-house/
Alt Source: Startifacts Nose Hair Trimmer

from
http://startifacts.tumblr.com/post/152026709459

No comments:

Post a Comment