Tuesday 4 October 2016

When a Picture’s Worth a Thousand Words, or How I Really Feel About Estée Lauder Pure Color Envy Vinyl LipColor in Controversial

estee lauder controversial

Praising the heavens above for Estée Lauder Pure Color Envy Vinyl LipColor in Controversial (and praying that I don’t have food in my teeth, OMG!)

Believe it or not, but this color I’m wearing on my lips is from Estée Lauder.

Yeah! Who knew? I didn’t know they could do video chick cool like this, but it’s this one is from a new line of glosses called the Pure Color Envy Vinyl LipColors, which are a little like lipsticks and a little like gloss.

There are only a few shades ($32 each), and all of them are bright, so no nudes. This one’s called Controversial.

I dunno… Maybe it’s controversial because it’s Estée Lauder? Because whenever I think of the brand, I think of pretty reserved makeup, but over the past couple years, though, they’ve done some hip stuff, and they’ve done it really well. They have some edgy, cool stuff, too, if you kind of dig in.

Damn, this color reminds me of patent-leather shoes, which might be why I like it, because I used to have a pair of patent-leather shoes that were the same color.

Wish I knew what happened to them…

The formula’s pretty thick and sticky, but not annoyingly sticky. It’s comfortable, and just sticky enough to stay on your lips, although I wouldn’t wear it if I were going to be on Connor duty — like, there’s no way if I was wearing her in her baby carrier in front and kissing her forehead, because it would be a mess and get all over her hair and her skin and her clothes.

But if I were going to a Who Loves the ’90s concert with a friend? — then it would be totally wearable.

And don’t even go there! Of course you can wear brights. Don’t be crazy like that. Everyone can wear brights. 🙂 This one doesn’t even need a lip pencil. I just use the doe-foot applicator, and it’s not even hard. I would tell you if it were hard. The formula’s thick, which is key.

PRICE: $32
AVAILABILITY: Available now from Estée Lauder (I’m not sure if it’s LE or permanent)
MAKEUP AND BEAUTY BLOG RATING: A+

Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,

Karen


The post, “When a Picture’s Worth a Thousand Words, or How I Really Feel About Estée Lauder Pure Color Envy Vinyl LipColor in Controversial,” first appeared on Makeup and Beauty Blog | Makeup Reviews, Swatches and How-To Makeup.

from Makeup and Beauty Blog | Makeup Reviews, Swatches and How-To Makeup http://www.makeupandbeautyblog.com/cosmetics/estee-lauder-pure-color-envy-vinyl-lipcolor-in-controversial/
Alt Source: Startifacts Nose Hair Trimmer

from
http://startifacts.tumblr.com/post/151352600844

No comments:

Post a Comment